Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this vacuum line come from?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
l.a.brooks
Just put the engine back in our 1976 2.0 and I can't figure out where the vacuum line that connects to this valve comes from. Looking at the parts diagram it looks like it might connect to a boot or rubber fitting that connects below the air filter housing.

Not sure if there was a hose connected to this valve when we pulled the engine.

It is the connector without a hose in the center of the photo.

Also the charcoal filter was just sitting next to the battery with no mounting bracket - where is the bracket supposed to mount?

Thanks for any help!Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
That's your Decel Valve. The small line connects to an F-shaped connector that hooks up to the plenum. (AKA manifold, or intake air distributor, or That Thing The Throttle Valve Sits On Top Of.)

If you don't have the F-shaped fitting, you can fake up something that works out of plumbing supplies.

--DD
l.a.brooks
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 19 2017, 12:40 AM) *

That's your Decel Valve. The small line connects to an F-shaped connector that hooks up to the plenum. (AKA manifold, or intake air distributor, or That Thing The Throttle Valve Sits On Top Of.)

If you don't have the F-shaped fitting, you can fake up something that works out of plumbing supplies.

--DD

Thanks, we put a T in one of the vacuum lines on the plenum today. I was concerned that there was another vacuum port for it somewhere that would be a leak if it wasn't connected or plugged.
Mikey914
If you decide you want something more original -

http://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...eywords=stacked
GregAmy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2017, 03:54 AM) *

Is there anything for these cars you can't make...? I was looking for one of those last year...I think I'll just set 914Rubber.com as my browser home page and be done with it...
oakdalecurtis
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 20 2017, 05:27 AM) *

Is there anything for these cars you can't make...? I was looking for one of those last year...I think I'll just set 914Rubber.com as my browser home page and be done with it...

We're actually declining contract manufacturing to double down on the 914 parts, so soon to say we have everything but body in white. biggrin.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2017, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 20 2017, 05:27 AM) *

We're actually declining contract manufacturing to double down on the 914 parts, so soon to say we have everything but body in white. biggrin.gif

I still think RD Design should do HE half shells.

Steel Rule Die run? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.