Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Front yard mechanic
Hello I need some direction . Trying to level the height of my 74 and on the drivers side the adjust screw is backed all the way out while the passengers side is about 3/4 in ? Do I need to remove the torsion bar and re index or are my struts worn out ? Also the rear is about 1/2 " off with the front pretty close. I saw a thread on the rear but cannot find it now headbang.gif Click to view attachment
mgphoto
Wind the adjuster back, when the is enough play remove the adjuster one spline the opposite way and readjust.
burton73
I do not remember if you want clockwise or counter clockwise but un weight the front end and un screw the adjustment bolt and remove the cap. Put it back on one or 2 splines different to see if that is enough. When you are there it makes sense
Front yard mechanic
Thank you ! Easy peesy good time to clean them up next up the rearClick to view attachment
mepstein
One sine at a time. It makes a pretty big difference.
mlindner
Do note they are marked L and R. keep on the correct side. Best, Mark
rhodyguy
Don't forget the round foam seals for the torsion bars.
914Sixer
Quick and easy test to see if the ride height is correct is to measure to the center of the front cap and see if it is at 12". Another check is to make up a stick at 90 mm. Measure from the center of the torsion bar adjuster to the ground. It should be 90mm +/-5mm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.