Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress on Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
After a long wait , my engine is almost done. Its going to be mated back up to its 1974 chassis and gearbox soon. 2366 CC blueprinted. Balanced, ported and polished. Extra capacity finned alloy oil sump assembly with extended oil pump pickup. Rocker shaft upgrade. 135-140 BHP on two Weber 44 IDF carbs, with electronic ignition curved to suit the cam.Click to view attachment
thelogo
Ive had my 2366 in the car for about 2 months
And holy shit balls

After driving around with a 1.7 for 5 years .

You definitely feel a difference

Its nice to be competitive with other cars on the road

Ive never had it above 4k rpm cause i dont wanna get arrested

Have fun with it , and try to remember
That public roads are not a race track
mmichalik
looks very nice and I like how you did the fuel lines.

I'm at that point on my engine build right now and I will finish it off that way.

Have fun with it!
Porschef
It's very yellow. Hence, it will be very fast.

Seriously, it will be a blast. I know, because I drove one once ...150hp is a lot of fun! driving.gif piratenanner.gif
JOEPROPER
Very nice. Just in time for a spirited drive down to the Crab Shell... smoke.gif
wysri9
Looks fantastic and offers me much encouragement! The picture attached shows where I am at.......Click to view attachment
jmitro
very cool! are you rebuilding it yourself or is it being professionally done?

If DIY, where did you source parts and such?
McMark
Drop the hex-bar linkage now! Get the CSP linkage and save yourself the headache of trying to tune those.
EdwardBlume
Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif Very pretty stuff on the block and tins. Does that affect heat at all?
simonjb
On the Dyno today..

Click to view attachment

I'll look into the linkage - thanks!
Dave_Darling
I hope you can keep those valve covers from leaking. Also from pulling out the rocker shaft studs.

--DD
Mueller
QUOTE(wysri9 @ Oct 23 2017, 02:29 PM) *

Looks fantastic and offers me much encouragement! The picture attached shows where I am at.......

Dang, how did you get it so clean?

Mueller
QUOTE(simonjb @ Oct 25 2017, 07:31 AM) *

On the Dyno today..

Click to view attachment

I'll look into the linkage - thanks!

Neat, hope you share the numbers!
jd74914
Very cool! I'm interested to hear numbers too.

Never thought about having a starter mounted to the dyno shaft like that, neat idea...

If you don't mind sharing, where are you dynoing? And did they build the motor or are you just renting time from them?
simonjb
I am having it done by Automotive Restorations in CT. Kent Bain races 914's and has been overseeing all the work. I am going there tomorrow and will share the numbers!
simonjb
So after a few hours we are at 138 hp with hopefully more to come. Looks like flat torque curve with 146 ft lbs available from 4300 to 4700 rpm.
porschetub
not far off ,jetting and timing may get you more, a good and real result to start with well done.
simonjb
So at a nice 60 degree day with good air we got her up to about 143 hp on a really nice and smooth climb up to that before she went flat and crossed down over the torque. No hesitation or flat spots. It was amazing to watch it climb and hear the noise screaming...
jd74914
Awesome! That should be a ton of fun in car!
914_teener
QUOTE(simonjb @ Oct 27 2017, 02:07 PM) *

So at a nice 60 degree day with good air we got her up to about 143 hp on a really nice and smooth climb up to that before she went flat and crossed down over the torque. No hesitation or flat spots. It was amazing to watch it climb and hear the noise screaming...

So 143 at the crank?
simonjb
The car awaits its matching yellow engine !Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.