Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which muffler for my 2.4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...I have a Mike Schantz built 2.4 in my 73. It's a fantastic engine that makes great power and is fun to drive especially now that I'm getting new Webers dialed in.
It has a Bursch exhaust system on it and I don't really like the sound of it. I tried Triad on my other car and didn't like that either.
I have a stock banana muffler in my garage that I'm considering trying.
Would that muffler be suitable for that engine? I can live with the Bursch but I'm curious about the banana!!
Thanks,
Mike
IronHillRestorations
Definitely stock banana
Tom_T
It should breathe fine, as Perry said.

However, if you can find a unicorn Sport version Banana, then it will flow better & sound a tad throatier.

Try the stock banana for now though, & save yourself some headaches down the road by using a fresh new set of OEM Copper gaskets, nuts & bolts.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jd74914
Is it a /4 or /6?
MikeM
Sorry...it's a 4 cylinder.
I was worried a stock banana might choke it a little.
Mike
GeorgeRud
Use the stock banana muffler. Porsche used them on 2.7 liter engines with little design changes internally. They really didn’t leave much on the table when they designed the exhaust system. There are loader options (ie the ‘Sport Muffler’ dual exhaust pipe versions), but they get pretty obnoxious for daily driving.
MikeM
Good point George...thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.