Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket injection for a 1.8?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arne
Yeah, still hanging around. Looking for my next project. So let’s talk aftermarket fuel injection.

Assume that I’m looking at a ‘74 1.8 with hacked up factory injection - missing parts, wires snipped off, crude shadetree wires, etc.

No idea when/why the hack job was started, the current owner bought the car this way.

I figure that trying to track down what went wrong and repair the existing system is a losing proposition. So options include converting to carbs or trying to find a complete soup-to-nuts L-jet including new harnesses. Carbs are sub-optimal on a stock 1.8 in my opinion, and spending cash on a bunch of 40+ year old injection parts doesn’t give me warm-fuzzies either.

So what about aftermarket injection? Microsquirt or similar? What it going to take? Any kits or setups that people have had good luck with? How much of the original parts are reused?
r_towle
Reach out to Mcmark
He built a kit, not sure if he ever marketed it.
JRust
I may have a source for injection for you that is reasonable Arne. I'll talk to him monday & get back to you
arne
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 20 2017, 06:03 PM) *

Reach out to Mcmark
He built a kit, not sure if he ever marketed it.

McMark’s kit is custom for his engines. See http://www.originalcustoms.com/fi.php

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 20 2017, 06:23 PM) *

I may have a source for injection for you that is reasonable Arne. I'll talk to him monday & get back to you

Don’t put too much into this yet, Jamie, as I haven’t closed a deal on the car yet. But then again, I need to look into this before I can make an intelligent offer.
Mueller
Only real "wear" items on Ljet is the flapper air box and the injectors... i guess the distributor, however that is really ignition except when the coil collapses the injectors fire.

I would invest in the group buy for new distributors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.