Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you reuse presure plate bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
when I pulled the PP bolts they were not torqued very tight, nor did they have any type of lock tight on them So I am hoping I can..?? Thanks Frank
mepstein
I’m pretty sure on a 4 you can but not on a 6. There was a thread 6-12 months ago.
porschetub
Yes you can ,but why...cheap enough to buy,I use high-tensile capscrews done up to the correct torque no issues.
No harm in putting a little Loctite on them.
saigon71
If the bolts weren't damaged by not being fully torqued, I'd reuse them. If a visual inspection reveals any damage, replace them,
flmont
I think the P.O. had kinda mocked up the clutch but didnt torque.
McMark
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2017, 03:02 PM) *

I’m pretty sure on a 4 you can but not on a 6. There was a thread 6-12 months ago.

You're thinking of flywheel bolts.

PP bolts are just M8 bolts, and the final torque value isn't high. So go ahead, as long as they aren't damaged or otherwise compromised.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 22 2017, 09:08 AM) *

PP bolts are just M8 bolts, and the final torque value isn't high. So go ahead, as long as they aren't damaged or otherwise compromised.

agree.gif

Because such a large diameter surface area of the PP mounting face the M8 bolts don't see much stress and are OK to reuse.
The /6 flywheel bolts are suppose to stretch like rod bolts, so it's recommended to replace, personally I think it's BS but for $10-15 worth of bolts I don't chance it.
McMark
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 22 2017, 09:25 AM) *
The /6 flywheel bolts are suppose to stretch like rod bolts, so it's recommended to replace, personally I think it's BS but for $10-15 worth of bolts I don't chance it.

agree.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 22 2017, 09:08 AM) *

agree.gif I was mixed up as usual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.