Toyota 2000 GT
porbmw
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 21 2017, 11:35 AM) *

Toyota 2000 GT

and there is one listed, as we speak, for $899,900! beerchug.gif
flmont
I wonder the price new 8K I bet
nsr-jamie
one of the coolest cars around. Was featured in one of the old James Bond films driven by a Bond girl. The Toyota museum in Japan has 7 of them.
sb914
That didn't take long. Here's a couple more shots Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
You Only Live Twice

Click to view attachment
SixerJ
One of the best looking cars made IMHO - from the James Bond Wiki

Two cars were custom-made for the filming, and these remain the only open-top 2000GTs ever produced. They were modified from a coupe into a roadster to allow for Sean Connery’s height, the first order of business was removing the GT's top. Full roadster conversions began at Toyota's Toyopet Service Center facility in may 1966. Amazingly, Toyota finished the conversion of both cars in two weeks.
sb914
The guy said there were only 341 made. It has a Yamaha engine.
cal44
The Toyota GT is a small car and stunning in design, but even smaller is this (about the same size as a 904). Name this one, I couldn't until I saw the badge. This was on the street last Friday on my way to Trader Joes.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flmont @ Oct 21 2017, 03:45 PM) *

I wonder the price new 8K I bet

You'd be close. They sold for $6800.00. Only about 100 made it to North America out of the production of 351 cars. The record sale? $1.2M evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(cal44 @ Oct 21 2017, 06:36 PM) *

The Toyota GT is a small car and stunning in design, but even smaller is this (about the same size as a 904). Name this one, I couldn't until I saw the badge. This was on the street last Friday on my way to Trader Joes.

The badge is Abarth. I'm still working on what it is though. Abarth "trimmed" a number of cars and still does, but also produced a few models. What this is, I don't know. It is reminiscent of the SAAB Sonnet but???

Scorpione 1000GT? or SS?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 21 2017, 06:32 PM) *

The guy said there were only 341 made. It has a Yamaha engine.

351. It was developed in cooperation with Yamaha. 2L inline 6. Often compared to the Datsun Z, the 2000GT may have been influenced by Albrecht Goertz (sp?) who worked for Yamaha at that time. It is said that he also had a hand in the Datsun Z but this is hotly disputed.
Yamaha like lots of other companies in Japan did contract work.
cal44
Dang it "conedogger" you are good. I had to do some deep homework on this one. Lombardi Grand Prix/OTAS 850 or Abarth Grand Prix (and a couple of other names).

In this case it has Abarth badges. It was so dirty I'm surprised it was being driven.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentAn oddity at best as it doesn't show the best of Italian design.
DM_2000
The Toyota 200GT was also prepped by Carroll Shelby for SCCA racing in 68.

There is an article somewhere that a USA based collector / restorer has bought / sold most every 2000GT that was imported into the USA.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(cal44 @ Oct 21 2017, 07:30 PM) *

Dang it "conedogger" you are good. I had to do some deep homework on this one. Lombardi Grand Prix/OTAS 850 or Abarth Grand Prix (and a couple of other names).

In this case it has Abarth badges. It was so dirty I'm surprised it was being driven.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentAn oddity at best as it doesn't show the best of Italian design.

Francis Lombardi is the name of the coach works that built the car. This particular model was the Abarth tuned model. I have a somewhat unfair advantage as it regards obscure cars. My best friend in high school was in to strange orphan cars. His current obsession is the Mini Moke. He bought all of them off of Catalina Island and he is restoring them and selling them. For a while, he was in to Lotus Elan. I took a bunch of pictures of a bright red one with a model. I've been trying to remember her name just recently...
im not anywhere near as good as Fiid. Show him a taillight and he can tell you what it is!
Unobtanium-inc
One parked next to me at the Peekskill Grand Prix, you can see how small they are compared to a 356, which isn't what I would call a big car.
bdstone914
Move along folks, Nothing her to see.
bdstone914
double oops
bdstone914
oops
ConeDodger
Apparently Bruce really doesn't care for Italian cars? biggrin.gif
sb914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 22 2017, 06:00 AM) *

Move along folks, Nothing her to see.

Go back to bed grumpy. poke.gif
gandalf_025
Looks to be a Red Daimler on the other side of the Toyota in the last picture.
daytona
The third car on the other side of the 356 is a Daimler 250, the one next to the 356 appears to be a Honda 600.
1970 Neun vierzehn
The red auto next to the 356 is a Toyota Sport 800.
Porsche930dude
This one raced at watkins glen a few years ago.
flat4guy
Didn't Scooter Patrick race a Shelby prepped Toyota 2000GT?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Oct 23 2017, 12:17 AM) *

Didn't Scooter Patrick race a Shelby prepped Toyota 2000GT?

You mean this one right here? evilgrin.gif
cal44
Toyota Sport = Correct answer
Diamler 250= Correct answer
Scooter Patrick Toyota, nice picture Conedogger. I used to go to Baja as a teen and watch James Garner and Scooter in the Bronco take offs at Rose an' Rita.

By the by, I left a note to purchase on the Lombardi as it hasn't moved. "An old Fiat that doesn't move, what a shock".

Boston Tom
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 21 2017, 02:35 PM) *

Toyota 2000 GT

That's correct! 60's or 70's vintage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.