Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 engine tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
??
This is for a friend doing a 6 conversion.

Tried all the usual suspects: Restoration Design, AA, all the dismantles, etc.

If I had a set, I'd consider having my fabricator take a go at trying to make them. Where is beyond getting theirs?

TIA
SirAndy
I bought a set of metal tins from PMS for my conversion.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=904651

The fit and craftsmanship was somewhat poor but at least i paid a premium for it!
headbang.gif

914Sixer
Restoration Design has the whole set or really close to finishing them up.
porschetub
Appears they are gold now,haven't been on here for that long but there is a lot of folk doing six conversions @ the moment, Ben will have to whip out a few sets ....Ben did you hear me biggrin.gif .
naro914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 21 2017, 06:23 PM) *

Restoration Design has the whole set or really close to finishing them up.

That's the problem... not the whole set yet...he's got the whole car done,engine sitting waiting to go in the car for 6 weeks now. Talked to RD and they said they only have 3 of the 5 pieces...

If I had a set, I could get my fab guy that builds our mounts make them.
mb911
QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 21 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Appears they are gold now,haven't been on here for that long but there is a lot of folk doing six conversions @ the moment, Ben will have to whip out a few sets ....Ben did you hear me biggrin.gif .

I was going to but then I kept hearing about the RD sets.. They are very very nice but allot of coin..

I might still do a few sets for those that want a set.
peteyd
I am still working on the tooling guys. The die will go on the mill monday and it should take 1-2 weeks till I have a good stamping. Then we laser cut them.

I have been seeing several threads of people looking for these sets, so Im trying to expedite the process.

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.