Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WARNING O.T. content inside
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Apparently so. I get the mail Sat. and there is a copy of "Euro tuner" addressed to me with a subscription date. WTF. I didn't subscribe to this,nor do i want a free sub. to it. I figure there must have been a comp. glitch and my Trends sub is going to someone else. So I get home today and call,
"did you have a subscription to VW Trends sir?"
UM, Yes I did.
"VW Trends has filed for chapter 5 and all of there customers will be recieving Eurotuner for the remainder of the subscription"

Am I the last to know this???
Is Hot VW's still alive??
Can I get another mag that I am interested in ???
Enquiring minds want to know.
bd1308
damn....they were awesome too. thats awful sad.gif Couldn't $$ a subscription, but it looked really cool from the ones I saw.
Jake Raby
Yep, they are gone... The last editor they had did them in 100% and they lost 90% of all their big advertisers and that was the absolute last straw....
914rrr
So that's where the Eurotuner mag came from! Hell, I'm glad to get anything after I called up the subscriber services and got a major run-around!

Yup, I know a writer for VW Trends who told me back in March-ish that the May or June issue was the last one. I really liked the how-to articles as they were written for ordinary guys, not some professional shop with years of experience like Hot VW's does.

Hot VW's is alive and well, at least that I know of.

Every once in a while I treat myself to a copy of VolksWorld magazine out of Great Britain. It's spendy (like $6 per) but it blows the stateside magazines away! You can usually pick them up at better bookstores.

Also check out Grassroots Motorsports mag.
scotty b
Yeah I've picked up[ a couple copies of Volksworld when I felt like I had deserved it too biggrin.gif 911 & Porsche world is another decent mag from across the pond but it too is up there $$$. Damn shame about Trends sad.gif
Aaron Cox
yep. now i have to look at hot vw's wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.