Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to get it up...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Now that I have both longs refurbished on my rustoration, I'll soon graduate the car from dolly to rotisserie so I can tickle its belly. There are plenty of plans and discussions about rotisseries, but not a lot of discussion about how to hoist the cars up once they are mounted in the rig. Some plans include worm drive winches or hydraulic rams, but many examples don't have anything for lifting. That has it's appeal from the KISS perspective. So for you guys who have hoistless rotisserie rigs, how do you get it up? Just curious. popcorn[1].gif

Oh, and I know about the roller cage rigs which I like, but I don't have the shop space. It has to be a rotisserie that will spin the car without requiring additional floor space.
jmitro
I have a two post lift which makes it very easy.

prior to that, I used floor jacks to progressively jack up the front....then rear...then front again until the car was high enough for the rotisserie
mb911
I use a jack on a couple of 4 x4s and then if needed use a cherry picker to lift on to the rotisserie.
bbrock
Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear. I just wanted to be certain I could raise the car high enough with ordinary tools. Thanks for confirming. beerchug.gif
bandjoey
4 friends. If it's a shell It's not that hard Mount the brackets to the car then lift it in place. Have fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.