Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 header $500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sean_v8_914
Yall remember the OBX debacle? they tried to copy a header from one of our 914 friends and failed misserably. nice stainless material but would not fit.

I fixed it

this one fits and has stub pipes! I bought some stub pipes from one of our members here. Then I cut off the ends and welded on flanges for the stubs. we ran this on the 10jreen with the 2.4 big bore. 103 x 71 with an 86b/c cam and massaged big valve heads. made 140 to the wheels TTOD, blah, blah, 1641lbs, yadda yadda

i might even have a Magnaflow muffler that meets noise regulations for most tracks and AX. ill have to get a few more $ bucks for that since i paid the muffler shop to make the collector flange and hanger that mounts to the transmission the Magnaflow
RohJay
PM sent.
sean_v8_914
4 pipes are slip fit into the collector. notice tabs on pipes not even close yet. when completely assembled, these tabs mate
4 stub flanges are not stainless
collector and flange are stainless steel

we ran this pipe or a season. it fits well. the flowmaster also fits very nice, sounds great and passes the 93db rule ...but i want more dollars for it because Herb paid for it (his money)
bretth
PM sent.
sean_v8_914
when i double click the images, it opens in a new window with a zoom button. the stub flange welds (MIG) on the main pipe are not as artistic as teh welds on teh stub pipes themselves (TIG)
the header seals up well and is relatively easy to install.
sean_v8_914
Can the transmission be taken out with the headers bolted on? Primary tube OD?

stub pipes have 8 bolts. remove these while leaving the head studs unmolested
sean_v8_914
fh
sean_v8_914
rey
sean_v8_914
gftxu
sean_v8_914
y5765jreatfrWAFWq
sean_v8_914
guys...its just laying on the floor . it goes together perfectly. we ran this on the 10jreen for a season
...tough crowd around here
bretth
Sean,

I will take it. Sending PM with my contact info.

Thanks,
Brett
sean_v8_914
Brett has dibbs, pending payment

thank you
Rand
Now that the sale looks pending, how's that electric skateboard? Looks like a fun way to cruise around. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.