Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Torque Starters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toecutter
My starter's guts started coming out and I am looking for options. The lighter, high torque starter from Pelican Parts sounds good but good god it's pricey. Has anybody had experience with this Nippondenso unit I am seeing on ebay?
ebay starter
SirAndy
looks just like the one i have (sans the sticker that made mine so expensive!) ...

i am very happy with mine!
boldblue.gif Andy

RAR
QUOTE (toecutter @ May 23 2005, 05:51 PM)
Has anybody had experience with this Nippondenso unit I am seeing on ebay?
ebay starter

Yes, works fine on a 911SC. Service was prompt.
machina
i got one but haven't installed it yet. It looks like it will fit OK. The nose is shorter and it is not a billet machined part like the more expensive one I have seen. If it works, then who cares.

I remember reading something about a problem with some VW style gear reduction starters that did not work on our car but the ebay seller says it will work.

Why would I not believe a friendly ebay seller? sad.gif I'll let you know.
skline
I use that same starter on my V8 car. Works great. I had one on my yellow car also. It doesnt sound like the stock starter and spins faster.
JohnM
Got one from that seller and like it. Quick shipping. Was tired of dealing with the Bosch (giant heat sink) starter problems I have had to occasionally inconveniently deal with over the last 25 years of owning different air-cooled VW‘s. Decided to try something new and am glad that I did. John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.