Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DEAD ON ARRIVAL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Larmo63
Ellyut gave me a 914 toy car at the G & R.

I thought that was real gentlemanly of him.
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 15 2017, 01:06 PM) *

Ellyut gave me a 914 toy car at the G & R.

I thought that was real gentlemanly of him.

Ok...you didn't get one of those nice watches ? lol-2.gif
IronHillRestorations
Good to know it wasn't on me, whew!

Please tell me that's your boat! I love it!

BTW, when you sell your place I know a nice spot in TN where you can do pretty much whatever you like smile.gif
I’m not even into boats, but this one is beautiful. My next thought was “How did he get that photograph? From his wife’s helicopter?”

I’m looking forward to tips on how to repair the 914 power steering and power brakes. I haven’t seen my shop manual since I left it in the back seat.
porschetub
QUOTE(98101 @ Nov 26 2017, 02:49 PM) *

I’m not even into boats, but this one is beautiful. My next thought was “How did he get that photograph? From his wife’s helicopter?”

I’m looking forward to tips on how to repair the 914 power steering and power brakes. I haven’t seen my shop manual since I left it in the back seat.

HHHmmm your car has no power steering or power brakes,you don't need them...truly.
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 25 2017, 06:20 PM) *

HHHmmm your car has no power steering or power brakes,you don't need them...truly.

Ah. This might explain why I can’t find a damn thing in the back seat!

(Also not clear on where to buy brake drums.)
forrestkhaag
And Steve: Flat Water in the desert lakes and big water reservoirs... / verses the rollers on the Big Blue Pacific.......... The boat is a 33' Aquariva / Riva / Yanmar turbo Diesel / our Chris Craft 28' Corsair / twin Merc Mag 350 was like a 57 chevy compared to any Riva / handles like a Ferrari but worse yet, ... a boat-Ferrari........ Yikes!

I will stay with the 914 for now.........

beerchug.gif

forrestkhaag
And just as an update......... The newly replaced MSD "box" was a plug and play solution to the one that failed.

The 3.0 is running great since MSD promptly sent me a replacement and their Tech help is second to none in my only experience with that company.

beerchug.gif
colingreene
Thats why we have a spare for the race car on hand.
Its not called Mein Sparken deid for nothin.
jim_hoyland
I ran two MSDs; both wired to a switch so that either MSD could be selected. I still have the switch if you want to go this route...It was sold by MSD back in the day.
forrestkhaag
Hey Jim: Thanks and the fact that MSD would sell a backup plan is an interesting bend on product support.....

After seeing the simplicity of the Clewett system installed by Larmo and Keith, I am hoping my second MSD will fail so I can install that sexy system - what with all of those iginition wires and coils in the trunk and no dizzy to clutter up the fan-side of the engine bay..... piratenanner.gif

But for now, the digital 6AL is a screaming solution.... and as i am living on a tiny retirement income from the government, I hope not to have to bust a move on a four digit ignition replacement any time soon.

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: I have a AAA club card glued to the engine compartment now and with my "Premier" membership of 26 years, If the MSD fails a second time, I will have the 914 flatbed towed from the curb in Scottsdale to Blythe at the border / ....then dropped at the Popeye's Fried Chicken joint to await lunch... / then call for a second 250 +/- mile tow back to the coast.....

The Third call: 310-406-8788 .....Clewett

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.