Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tsvo
I have a question about my heat system. I would like to know what is missing from my system. I get air from the vents, it is cold though. I have posted a picture from what i think is missing. I think i need hoses from the heat exchangers to the fan. Do i need a bracket of some sort and the tubes?

Does anybody have them?

Any help is appreciated.
tsvo
QUOTE(tsvo @ Oct 24 2017, 05:37 PM) *

I have a question about my heat system. I would like to know what is missing from my system. I get air from the vents, it is cold though. I have posted a picture from what i think is missing. I think i need hoses from the heat exchangers to the fan. Do i need a bracket of some sort and the tubes?

Does anybody have them?

Any help is appreciated.

mepstein
Really need to post pics of the underside of the car to see what you do or don't have.
tsvo
Sorry, trying to post pic. It is not attaching for some reason. I will keep trying.
Racer
Yup.. I see no hose here...
Triaddave
There is also a fitting to the electric fan that splits in two for two hoses, one to each side of engine (or heat exchanger). It is a good set up if you need heat/defrost...
Triaddave
There is also a fitting to the electric fan that splits in two for two hoses, one to each side of engine (or heat exchanger). It is a good set up if you need heat/defrost...
Dave_Darling
The 73-74 cars had a fitting that goes from square to round, single outlet. Only the driver's side was connected.

The 75-76 cars had the splitter.

Tsvo, do you know how the heater works? The levers in the dash do not turn it on and off, the lower (red) one only points where it goes. The other two are only for fresh (cool) air.

The lever between the seats, that has the "DEFROST" label on it, actually lets warm air go from the heat exchangers into the body of the car.

That assumes the ducting under the car is connected correctly, of course.

--DD
mepstein
You can still get plenty of heat without a working fan. We just need to see what you have going under the car.
bbrock
In addition to what others have said, you can block off those J-tubes that run through your engine tins until you get parts to hook up you blower. That will keep all the hot air from blowing into your engine compartment instead of into the car (assuming everything under the car is hooked up right). As mepstein said, you can get plenty of heat without the blower. That only comes on when you pull the red lever up all the way for full heat.
bdstone914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 25 2017, 06:30 AM) *

In addition to what others have said, you can block off those J-tubes that run through your engine tins until you get parts to hook up you blower. That will keep all the hot air from blowing into your engine compartment instead of into the car (assuming everything under the car is hooked up right). As mepstein said, you can get plenty of heat without the blower. That only comes on when you pull the red lever up all the way for full heat.

agree.gif
The ghetto way to block off one or both of the J tubes is to cut off the bottom of a soda can and stick it on with silicone rubber.
914 rubber has the hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.