Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picked up a 74 parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14

so here is story of the car, the guy buy a car did not know about fixing anything , he got a couple of thing fixed by someone else , store the car in a garage for 17 years , wife wants to park her car in garage , 914 got to go

outside body, looks rough but fixable ( see good body panel,), long are good,, actually that the only parts thats good, hell hole bad, bottom back firewall bad, rusted console, poorly patched truck, the front trunk was ok execpt for a small hole, door jam gone, all lense good, chrome trim good( both window and targa)

windows,, all there and in great shape even has the defog back glass, good windsheild

interior: the console was in good shape and a set of LEATHER I SAID LEATHER Tan seat like new
black back pad good, passenger door panel good , driver shot

engine: I will have to strip it down first , I does turn by hand, lifted the valve cover and everything was wet with oil and freely moving, will see later, hope it can be resurected, otherwise ....

so I will be seperating myself of most of the stuff ( exterior and body)I will keep a couple fo spare here and there but Its got 1 month to be stripped out before it gets recycled,, will be posting in the FS section for detail
davep
Good find. Keep us posted. What engine?
freezing14
the engine is a 2.0 with original FI , i have tested most of the sensor for the FI with the porsche tester and only the MPS is bad,, torn membrane,, I got spare membrane so it will only need a recal, the tins are in good shape, I will open it sometimes this week to see how it is,, i hope i can keep it to put in my 72, it also had the instrument cluster in great shape
xsboost90
how much for the bolt on rear section of the exhaust shipped to 45239???? i need it quickly!!! i really just need it to cut the flanges off.
freezing14
sorry xsboost, but it is soem sort of aftermarket exhaust, it looks like some kind of bug unit,, it is a kardon??? never heard of those
scotty914
xsboost give triad west a call he gets the flanges cut by the 100, he might sell you a set
vesnyder
I am definitely interested in the seats - let me know what you will be asking and forward a pic. Thanks
tracks914
Good find. I offered him $500 for it and he refused. (I thought the used engine and tranny would be worth that much) I didn't want the tan coloured seats but they sounded nice.
How much did you get it for?
I may need some parts off of it if they are in good shape. I can PM you with a list of what I would like to upgrade. Do you have a digital camera?
Tx
Dead Air
I need a windsheild washer jet. I have one black and one chrome. I'll guess your are black?
Oh, I need a windshield, too, I don't think you're that far away.
AndyC
What state is the windscreen frame in? I need the entie bottom section including the front scuttle where the wipers mount with the air vent, up to about three inches above the bottom corners

Andy
AndyC
A picture paints a thousand words - this piece if it has no rust in it
Dead Air
QUOTE (AndyC @ May 25 2005, 03:00 AM)
What state is the windscreen frame in? I need the entie bottom section including the front scuttle where the wipers mount with the air vent, up to about three inches above the bottom corners

Andy

[QUOTE]

Correction,
Canadians call those areas "Provinces", not "States".
Answer: Ontario
wink.gif
freezing14
hey Dave : the windsheild is in a very good shape , but the shipping of those is horrendous,, it might be easier to get it from the local glass shop

Andy: as for the windsheild frame it is really good the condition, but the cowl joint between the fender on one side is half gone the other is OK, I will take picts and let you know
AndyC
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ May 25 2005, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (AndyC @ May 25 2005, 03:00 AM)

Andy

[QUOTE]

Correction,
Canadians call those areas "Provinces", not "States".
Answer: Ontario
wink.gif

lol2.gif thats good, it always makes me laugh that so many people can speak the same language so differently

Photos would be good, it doesn't matter if it has rusted on one corner I am sure I can find another donor for that piece or it might even be on the opposite side to where mine has gone
Passenger side

freezing14
Hey andy,, i have had a closer look at the frame and under some clever bondo work was hidden a hole and an other hole i am actually surprice the windsheild is not cracked,
AndyC
Nevermind, thanks for looking beerchug.gif
I'm sure another one will appear in sunny cali at some point

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.