Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: In Denver Friday-Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I'm in Denver this weekend for a work thing. Have classes all day but my Friday night & Saturday night are pretty open. Just wondered if we might get a few teeners together for dinner? Kind of short notice so no problem if you've got plans. I am sure my boss is figuring I'll join him for dinner each night jerkit.gif . I'd rather not sit through whatever we'd be talking about with his friends. Which will mean listening to him talk the whole time. I get plenty of that

I'm staying at the Airport Marriott at Gateway park. I can catch an Uber ride wherever if something comes together. No biggie if not. I haven't don'e jack with my wrx engine conversion so don't have any great pearls of wisdom to share. Always great to talk 914's though. Especially with some of the suby crew. I need some motivation to get back to my car.

Just reply here if you've got time this Friday 27th or Saturday 28th night
Tom_T
Dang!

I'm in Denver/Castle Rock/CS on a biz trip too, but unfortunately already have a committment down in Colorado Springs for Friday night, then have a flight to Tulsa Saturday morning.

Hopefully you'll find some locals who can meet up.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
motorvated
I'll be racing my 914 Chalon with Rocky Mountsin Vintage Racing at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Colorado Springs (Fountain, Colorado) this Saturday and Sunday. They have a dinner at the track on Saturday with adult beverages starting after the track goes cold around 4 pm for $15 a head. You guys are welcome to come out and watch the races (free for spectators) and stay for cocktails and an Italian dinner. I can provide transportation back to a motel in Colorado Springs Saturday night if needed. There's one other 914 racing, but it's a six and running with the big bore guys. I'm lumped in with the small bore guys, because I'm running a stock 1.8 L-Jet. Trying to get good at driving a slow car fast before a put in the 215 Buick V-8. If you're interested, let me know.
JRust
QUOTE(motorvated @ Oct 25 2017, 04:23 PM) *

I'll be racing my 914 Chalon with Rocky Mountsin Vintage Racing at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Colorado Springs (Fountain, Colorado) this Saturday and Sunday. They have a dinner at the track on Saturday with adult beverages starting after the track goes cold around 4 pm for $15 a head. You guys are welcome to come out and watch the races (free for spectators) and stay for cocktails and an Italian dinner. I can provide transportation back to a motel in Colorado Springs Saturday night if needed. There's one other 914 racing, but it's a six and running with the big bore guys. I'm lumped in with the small bore guys, because I'm running a stock 1.8 L-Jet. Trying to get good at driving a slow car fast before a put in the 215 Buick V-8. If you're interested, let me know.

No clue how far away that is from the Hotel. Not getting a car so that might be a tough one. I am not done with my classes until close to 6. So that is probably to early for me as well sad.gif . Sounds like it could be cool
Ferg
Crap dude bad timing, leaving friday night to go south and do some MTB riding and golf with the boy. Next time.

Ferg beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.