Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal indication
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
My old and tired turn signal switch keeps sticking when used. With the new Carbd 2056cc motor I can't hear if the turn signal is stuck on or not. Or is it my 68 year old ears that listened to music way too loud over the years.

Was/is there supposed to be a dash light indicating the "blinker" is on.

Thanks All
arne
Yes, the light(s) is/are in the tach, near the top. Through ‘73 have a pair, one for each direction. From ‘74 on they only have one light that blinks for either direction.
76-914
Even though I know where my blinker light is I usually drive about 2 miles before I notice it’s still on! lol-2.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(arne @ Oct 26 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Yes, the light(s) is/are in the tach, near the top. Through ‘73 have a pair, one for each direction. From ‘74 on they only have one light that blinks for either direction.

Thanks the tach comes out tomorrow !!!!

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 26 2017, 01:13 PM) *

Even though I know where my blinker light is I usually drive about 2 miles before I notice it’s still on! lol-2.gif

You know you're getting old when... See above. av-943.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 26 2017, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 26 2017, 01:13 PM) *

You know you're getting old when... See above. av-943.gif

poke.gif Or, mistakenly arriving at an event 1 week early because of calendar confusion! av-943.gif
Rob-O
Sometimes the light is working just fine. But over the years the gel/plastic that is colored (green for parking lights, yellow for turn signals, blue for high beams) is bad and the light doesn't want to shine through it. I haven't seen it on the green, but the yellow is sometimes dim and the blue for the high beams gets so bad that little to no light will shine through it.

In this cases you can replace the gel by pulling the tach (or speedo for the green). I did it with the red for the low level light for the fuel gauge too. I went to Staples and bought a box of hanging folders that came with colored plastic tabs that get stuck onto the folder. Just cut out what I needed (I think I doubled up for the red fuel gauge) and they look perfect. Actually, one layer of red looked good in the fuel gauge light until the light turned on. The light made it look pink. Two layers solved that.

Good luck!
arne
The blue one in my 911 was so dark it was almost not visible even in the dark. I replaced the bulb with a blue LED and it is very bright now, visible in daylight. I did not have to replace the blue gel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.