Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
is there any chance that a 74 914 would come with the 75-76 style of heat exchangers? i will be refunding the cost to a customer in michigan because of the flange difference. i think that some where back when they were swapped out, am i wrong?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Triaddave @ May 24 2005, 09:45 AM)
is there any chance that a 74 914 would come with the 75-76 style of heat exchangers?

i don't think so ...

looks like someone "upgraded" their '74 exhaust system ...
wacko.gif Andy
rhodyguy
yep agree.gif . i haven't looked at your site lately dave. you should post a disclaimer with a picture of the proper heat exchanger, letting folks know "if yours doesn't look like this, the triad final is not the application for you". i'll stop by one of these days.

i also think the vehicles owner should be aware of, or aquire the knowlege to recognize what flavor of h.e. they have on the car. you're going the extra mile dave. most parts houses wouldn't be as acommidating for the owners blunder.

k
Triaddave
yes, i know. we were always talking about a 74 914 2.0. it never dawn to me that it was anything other than that.
likewise, i will always stand behind my product and give the best customer service possible. some times things go wrong... for sale...914 2.0 exhaust...never been mounted but has 5000 miles on it.....
Tom Perso
Where in MI? I have a set of 74 2.0L heat exchangers I'm looking to get rid of - that should fit your header.

Sorry about the mixup, bummer. At least you stand behind your products!!!

Tom
Triaddave
tom, the exhaust is in troy, michigan. i am from that area and would guess around 14 mile and crooks. i grew up in royal oak...my brother is the mayor of royal oak...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.