Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any recent Cryogenic Engine work done?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hi guys!

I'm looking for first hand experience with Cryogenically treated engine parts, mainly case, crank and valve train, and shop/service provider in the northeast region.

Thanks,
d
ConeDodger
No experience in the NE. But I have had this done. This is kind of a 10/10ths thing. What is your purpose?
jd74914
Yep, I have. Mostly highly stressed gears and misc. motorcycle engine parts though. I've not had a case done. Not strictly relevant to motors, but we had an issue breaking transmission gears in a race car-literally went through a 2/3 gear pair every 20 hrs of run time. We decided to have them cryo'd (shop below), and went over 100 hrs without a failure. We actually switched engine types before breaking another gear.

Talk to Gregg Hekimian at Hekimian Racing Engines (Watertown, MA). He's quite the character; very smart and super nice; plus he's been doing this quite a long time. Parts generally have very fast turnaround and treatments costs are pretty good (IMHO). I believe much of his business is actually in coating for Aerospace applications and the engine stuff is something of a side/hobby business since he only does it on the weekends IIRC. My friends and I have used him a few times and been very happy every time. Once he actually sent back a check for something like $1.50 because we over payed (wrong weight by a few ounces on a big order). laugh.gif

http://hekimianracing.com/cryogenic-servic...nic-treatments/
draganc
Thanks JD!

FYI, I'm in the process of building a turbo engine.

Did he just say turbo?

Relax! It's a v2 bike engine.....
jd74914
QUOTE(draganc @ Oct 26 2017, 08:45 PM) *

Did he just say turbo?

Sweet! Harley or Buell? Post pictures please!! chowtime.gif
draganc
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 26 2017, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(draganc @ Oct 26 2017, 08:45 PM) *

Did he just say turbo?

Sweet! Harley or Buell? Post pictures please!! chowtime.gif

'73 Shovel....winter project next to my megasquirt upgrade.

Will post some pics in the Sandbox as it progresses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.