Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 5 Gurney-style Western 'Bottlecap' 5.5x15" Wheels with Lug Bolts!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
SOLD - October 25th, 2020

EDIT - September 2019: All five wheels in pretty nice condition. I only had the spare in CA, when I originally posted this ad ... the other four were still in the box in my AZ garage - just brought them back to CA (in

I had a set of these on my '71 914 back in 1973, made the stock 914s look so much cooler than with the skinny 'steelies':)

I started cleaning it up a bit just to see how the minor corrosion could be eliminated. Not too bad for the 10 minute hand cleaning I did. I did not attempt to clean the back side much. Bead or soda blasting, or Purple power, a Scotch-brite pad & some elbow grease will clean that up pronto. This one has some very minor curb dings, but not too bad, especially for a daily driver.

They have 4,1/8" back-spacing, so they'll typically fit narrow bodied 914s with 195mm or 205mm width tires without rubbing the wheel arch lips. Again, they were on a famous World member's 914 with 205's (IIRC), prior to my acquisition a few years ago.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

See additional pix below ...

Preliminary pricing: $350. OBO for all five wheels ... cash & carry in the LAX South Bay area.

EDIT - 9/26/20: NEW PRICE: $300. OBO

EDIT - 10/24/20: NEW PRICE: $275. OBO

Cash & carry in the LAX South Bay area. Shipping via FedEx optional at buyer's expense ...

Oh, did I mention ... the price includes 16 of the elusive correct lug bolts (with the washers too) rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Dan Gurney westerns iirc. They can be polished out real nice..
rhodyguy
Asdf
euro911
Bump ... confused24.gif
euro911
OK, brought the rest of the wheels back from AZ in July this year, but just got around to unpacking the box and snapping some pix.

As you'll see, the centers of these 4 additional wheels were painted black, and one looks like a clear-coat was applied, causing some bubbling in the paint. Good thing is, when the paint is removed, the wheels should clean up real nice with no oxidation remnants smile.gif

Here they are ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... and they come complete with 4 wheel caps and the special lug bolts and washers, which appear to have been bead-blasted

Click to view attachment

NEW PRICE - $300. OBO, cash & carry in the LAX South Bay area.

Shipping via FedEx optional at buyer's expense ...
76-914
icon_bump.gif Those look like my old Western's. Especially the caps. Those bolts are rare. You should just sell the bolts for $300 and throw in the rims. lol-2.gif GLWS
euro911
Yep, they're your 'old' wheels, Kent. And yep again, the elusive correct lug bolts and washers are included - a $500 value, all included in this incredible low, low price laugh.gif

Just need them out of here, so I think they're 'sale priced' accordingly. I have way too much 'stuff' here that I won't be using on 'HOWARD' (My favorite ATS Classic wheels are going on HOWARD) cool_shades.gif
76-914
Mark, weigh that spare rim. It is very light. Less than 10 lb's IIRC. I always wondered if they produced different sets or the spare was just lighter to cut down on the vehicles weight. They are lighter than the Fuchs I'm running currently. they would be great for an AutoX enthusiast. I can attest to them being straight and vibration free, given the tire is not out of round. beerchug.gif
euro911
BUMP ...
Gint
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 29 2020, 08:40 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Those look like my old Western's. Especially the caps. Those bolts are rare. You should just sell the bolts for $300 and throw in the rims. lol-2.gif GLWS

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

I have a set. With 3 lug bolts for each wheel because the original user had locking lug bolts on them. Ha!
euro911
SOLD - October 25th, 2020

Thanks, Mike beerchug.gif
Gint
What was the final price Mark? and let me know how much it cost to ship them and to what city please. If you wouldn't mind... PM if you prefer. I need to move this set I have. Tired of storing wheels and tires I know I'm not going to use.
euro911
$275., Mike ... and the gentleman drove approx 40 miles to come down here to pick them up.

If the tires aren't good and/or out of date, remove them to save on shipping.

U-haul and Lowe's have 16x16" boxes that allow 2 wheels to fit in each box. I modify the box's height down depending the wheel's widths and use the cut-off pieces as separators between the wheels.

Double tape all seams and they'll make a trip across the country fine. Done it many times and they have always arrived undamaged. I typically ship via FedEx. With a free account, it does lower the shipping costs somewhat idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.