Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fduval
SOLD THKS; but can anyone help identify this radio....all stickers have been removed. I beleive its from a 1973 914. !thks Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment
913B
Sapphire?
I am interested depending on if it works and how much you want for it.
914_7T3
Recently purchased a similar unit from Mike Fitton several months ago. It is a Motorola Radio that was made exclusively for VW as per the labeling on the top of the unit. Here are some upside down pics as a reference. confused24.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914Sixer
It's a Motorola Sapphire AM/FM stereo radio. You can tell by the odd 3 wire plug. Purple is the common (ground) Orange is the right channel and White is the left channel. The back knobs are on backwards, they should be to the bottom. AA has a NOS faceplate for the radio on Ebay.
fduval
QUOTE(fduval @ Oct 27 2017, 09:17 AM) *

FS; but can anyone help identify this radio....all stickers have been removed. I beleive its from a 1973 914. !thks [

Adding a picture of the wiring

Click to view attachment
mankowski
I am second in interest behind porsche913b_sp.
FS ad still needs a price.
fduval
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 27 2017, 07:32 PM) *

It's a Motorola Sapphire AM/FM stereo radio. You can tell by the odd 3 wire plug. Purple is the common (ground) Orange is the right channel and White is the left channel. The back knobs are on backwards, they should be to the bottom. AA has a NOS faceplate for the radio on Ebay.

Can you tell me how to test if its working ??
914Sixer
Hook up speaker as described. Plug in antenna. Red wire goes to battery +. Battery - will ground to case. Make sure you turn off radio before attaching power. AM may not be able to test unless the antenna is grounded.
fduval
QUOTE(fduval @ Oct 27 2017, 09:17 AM) *

FS; but can anyone help identify this radio....all stickers have been removed. I beleive its from a 1973 914. !thks

Ok the radio does power up , red in FM band and green on the AM band. all dials works, but cannot seem to be able to find a chanel in my area.????????
So will sell as a core for $ 40 USD plus shipping. Let me know if interrested.
regards
Francois
burton73
Did you put an antenna in? No worm no fish.

Bob B
fduval
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 29 2017, 11:59 AM) *

Did you put an antenna in? No worm no fish.

Bob B

Yes I did plug an antenna ...
914Sixer
Did this sell?
fduval
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 3 2017, 06:15 AM) *

Did this sell?

yes and I edited my post. thks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.