trailer hitching problem removed plug on throttle senser same problem
theer
QUOTE(DAX @ Oct 27 2017, 06:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Lost in Translation
DM_2000
"Trailer hitching" is when the car is bucking like the ignition is rapidly being turned on and off. AKA "Chuggle" See also towing a trailer with a pintle hitch.

This can sometimes be mimicked in a good running manual trans car by shifting too soon then tipping the throttle in.

For engines in general, much of the time it is an ignition problem.
bdstone914
QUOTE(DAX @ Oct 27 2017, 03:24 PM) *

If you are asking for assistance provide some useful info such as what system you have.
DAX
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 27 2017, 09:53 PM) *

If you are asking for assistance provide some useful info such as what system you have.

it is 1975 2 lt with D-Jetronic fuel injection Runs great at idle 120 lb on all cilinders
injectors cleaned working great timing checked ok adjusted valves thinking of installing electronic ignition so what else should I look at
TheCabinetmaker
Tires? Do you have a spare?
mgphoto
QUOTE(DAX @ Oct 28 2017, 01:07 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 27 2017, 09:53 PM) *

it is 1975 2 lt with D-Jetronic fuel injection Runs great at idle 120 lb on all cilinders
injectors cleaned working great timing checked ok adjusted valves thinking of installing electronic ignition so what else should I look at

My car suffered from this until I installed the 123 dizzy for D-Jet.
Millerwelds
My car periodically enters this mode. I have the 123 on order in the group buy. Stoked if it fixes this issue for sure! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
I'm thinking points? so electronic ignition may do the trick.
DM_2000
and it is really hard to read something that all jumbled together without way to determine when a thought starts stops engine had good running but ignition is a problem when point gap is closing due to rub block wear can look at gap will lead timing problem reset timing
r_towle
Clean your advance plate inside the distributor.
Regrease them
DM_2000
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 29 2017, 12:06 AM) *

Clean your advance plate inside the distributor.
Regrease them

And also make sure the ground strap between the stationary and moving plate is intact. This is vital in completing the points circuit.

mgphoto
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 28 2017, 10:46 AM) *

Ran Pertronix for years still had the issue, 123 solved it.
Millerwelds
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Oct 29 2017, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 28 2017, 10:46 AM) *

Ran Pertronix for years still had the issue, 123 solved it.

Look, I am not a rich man. That is why I have and love the 914. It is the exact reason I (personally) see the value in the 123. I am running D jet. This product offers a better solution then Pertronix and fixes the not so fixable issues with the Djet fuel injector trigger points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.