Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lcato
I'm thinking of building this ramp to aid in my rust repairs.
Any suggestions.
ohmy.gif
SirAndy
that looks like it could work ...

any info on the materials used?
idea.gif Andy
Mueller
depends on the repairs...you might want to support the vehicle more closer to the "doughnuts" underneath....
sharper
How high up does that get the car? I have mine up on 4 auto ramps that you can get anywhere and have no problem rolling around under it on a creaper. Everything is easily accessible since the only area blocked by the ramps are the tires.
TravisNeff
Have you access to a welder or a buddy that can weld? That would seem like doing it in steel with some heavy duty swivel casters would be less effort, moveable and be able to tie to your jack points. Square tube stock, angle stock, casters and some metal plate.

I had a set of ramps made by my buddy a looong time ago out of huge sections of wood. Worked great as the ramps were very long to help out with a lowered car and a little "U" shape for the tires to set in.
lcato
I plan to make it from 2x12 lumber. I will make it 12inches off the ground.
The "doughnuts" are rusted.
I have a mig welder but wanted to use wood because it would strong, cheap and light.
With the removable ramp and center sections, I can roll the car up and then remove those sections.
It's the same idea as using 4 ramps but easier to rise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.