Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let’s see the Garage find 914 cars:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I am going to start with my new to me 1970 914-4 sat in hot garage in the San Fernando Valley since 1985 rescued in 2017

Bob BClick to view attachment
burton73
Next is my 1970 914-6 #41 car. The 30th car off the assembly line kept in a cool garage in the South Bay to Los Angeles from 1985 when it could not pass smog, till I bought it in 2007

Bob BClick to view attachment
Larmo63
Junkyard find, Palmdale, 2014......'73 1.7 that turned into "Speedy"

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Found in spring 2011
"1974 porsche 914 2.0 had the car for 20 years been sitting in building for last 9 years was running when parked."

Pulled from that small storage shed.
Click to view attachment

EVERYTHING was painted white!
Click to view attachment

My suspicions were confirmed...
Click to view attachment

Mechanically refurbed/updated (brakes, suspension, etc) and now powered by a Raby 2056. Next step is a complete rustoration but that will be a while since this LE is my daily driver.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
mepstein
Found in my Mom's garage, 25 years after I left it there. Currently waiting on phase 2 of restoration.

74ravenna
My "barn find" was advertised in our local newspaper, so i don't know if it counts.
At work one day i changed my daily routine and took a lunch in our lunch room and picked up a local newspaper that was sitting on one of the tables.
Flipped through the pages and ended up looking at the classifieds (something i never do).

There it was, very little info about it other than the year of manufacture and that it was green.
I called the seller and was told i was second in line.
The person with first refusal declined, so i jumped on it.

The seller parked it in his garage in late 1983, supposedly it was running at that time.
I bought it in October 2014 and did get it running but i decided to do some work on it.
Those longs with primer on them are solid, i was just try my hand a sanding off a little surface rust.

DSC_0226

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
Here’s mine. Was sitting since 1989 when I bought it in 2015. Ran but not well and the test drive was scary. I wouldn’t hesitate driving it a few thousand miles now.

Click to view attachment

How it looks now:

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I found my '71 914-6 in a garage in Virginia where it had been sitting since 2012.... biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Of course I had sent it to VA after purchasing it from a nice gentleman in Santa Cruz, CA in February of 2010. It had been sitting in his garage on and off since 1973, give or take a couple years and was on occasion driven. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.