Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bilstein
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Always Looking
For daily driver. The sales guy reccomended HD on the front and said the HD and Sport are the same part number for the rears. ($439 shox.com - mark: real nice guy)
I ordered the HD fronts, but wanted to check the most reliable source of information I know.

Any suggestions?
Always Looking
I also ordered the reears, but since they are the same part number, I guess i don't need any advice. $439 was for all four.
Mueller
from what I understand, the Sports are designed for lowered cars (a few inches over stock) ...the valving the is the same, just the length of travel is changed so you have a less chance of bottoming out the strut.

Always Looking
I do intend on lowering from stock, but not crazy low. screwy.gif

Should I change order to Sport?
TravisNeff
HD front and sport rears are the suggested setup on a 911, I dunno on a 914. Don't know much about a 914 and bilstiens, had them on a mustang GT many moons ago. I hear the sports are very stiff, kind of like Koni sports at full hard and no adjustment. That said, my Konis and full hard arent all that bad with reasonable springs.
Always Looking
Soory my first post wasn't the clearest - I was on a just-ordered-some-bilsteins-high. beer.gif

Up front, I have the option of HD or Sport - I chose HD.
Back - no choice. The HD and Sports were the same part number- ie same shock. I don't know if shox.com has incomplete information, but they only had one rear option.

Sounds like i made the right choice with the HD fronts though, since i'm running the original torsion bars and I won't go super low.

vesnyder
I have the HD front and the Sports rear in my 911 and it rides great - but keep in mind it is a rear engined car.
TravisNeff
Check with a few other providers to see if their only part number is indeed a HD or sport. Then tell us how it works out!
tat2dphreak
yea, shox.com doesn't even recognize the 914... eshocks.com and other sites do, and have the part #s right there...
anthony
If you are using stock torsion bars then you want the HDs IMO.
Mueller
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 24 2005, 02:30 PM)
yea, shox.com doesn't even recognize the 914... eshocks.com and other sites do, and have the part #s right there...

I've bought Koni Sports from shox.com, you have to write them for the pricing...............
smooth_eddy
yea, shox.com doesn't even recognize the 914

I am surprised at how 914's are so unrecognized. When I went to the DMV to license my 914, they did not even show it in their computer system. We had to list is as a 2 door coupe. Eddy idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.