Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhowitson
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4552177380&rd=1

My brother is looking at bidding on this car. Something is not right anybody see anything that jumps out at them?
i love porsche
its really cheap, and has tits
sjhowitson
They are saying it is original....
Mueller
QUOTE (sjhowitson @ May 24 2005, 01:31 PM)
They are saying it is original....

no, they are not claiming the "car" is original, only certain features of the vehicle...no big deal on the front bumper, easily replaced with a tit-less version

looks very nice....I like the MFI motor wub.gif
Ferg
I'm no expert but rear bumper is wrong too? no? That would have me looking very closely for accident repair. Text states excellent repaint... I see they painted over the wiring loom laid on the engine shelf in front of the fan... Hardly excellent IMO.

Ferg.
ewdysar
Of course it's just nit picking, but someone cut into the door panels for speakers...

I don't like not seeing the bidder identified, seems too easy to enforce a reserve. The current bid seems high for this early in the auction, but that's just my opinion.

Eric
ewdysar
agree.gif some wiring is painted, some is not idea.gif They didn't include pics of any of the "problem areas", most high dollar listings seem to include some pics of those now.
ken914
Be careful. They don't show enough photos of the potential rust problems. I have seen plenty of cars that look fantastic in the photos and then on personal inspection are full of rust, wreck damage, bad repairs, etc.

I don't like ebay for buying cars. You can't really know what you are getting. I would suggest buying from an individual and taking your time to find the right car. I spent 4 years looking for my /6 and then 4 months negotiating the deal. It was well worth it. In the end I paid a lot less than what it would cost me to repair or get out of a bad car.

Good luck!
Gustl
QUOTE (Ferg @ May 24 2005, 10:47 PM)
I'm no expert but rear bumper is wrong too?  

yepp, MY 70 should have the sharp edges

should have the long rear valance, too
steering wheel is not original
radio is not original
"center seat" is not original
speakers in the door panels icon8.gif

but these are only details - in general I honestly like this car cool.gif
Dead Air
There's so much Armor-All you'd probly turn a corner and fall right out!
Passenger foot rest is missing?
vortrex
my guess is the car is probably a mess. you have to wonder who would paint the wiring harness on such a "rare" car. probably got a cheap exterior repaint and then they went back and painted as much of the engine compartment as they could with everything in place.
jd74914
The seats look like they have been recovered in leather. Theres some funny stuff going on with this car, but you need to look at it to know for sure.
redshift
If that is a real S motor.. with a working MFI setup.. and there is 10 miles of tread left on those tires.. I'd pay the $10.5 that's showing..

smile.gif

I had a 911 with that motor in it.

M
mskala
Fuchs are 15" (not original 14")
Right-side mirror is not original
Euro front and reqr turn signals are not original (if US car)
Front hood badge is not original

Gustl
QUOTE (mskala @ May 25 2005, 04:30 AM)
Fuchs are 15" (not original 14")
Right-side mirror is not original

both were factory options
smooth_eddy
The front bumper is not original and it looks like the front hood is not aligned properly. This would probably indicate front end damage. Look at the orange 914/6 on eBay. This car belongs to a member and you can get correct info about the car from the seller. Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.