Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new uro cht sender question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I bought a uro cht sender that has a steel colored washer on the threaded area. Does this replace the copper washer? It isn't steel since it won't stick to a magnet.

Thanks,
Buck
BillC
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Oct 29 2017, 07:18 PM) *

I bought a uro cht sender that has a steel colored washer on the threaded area. Does this replace the copper washer? It isn't steel since it won't stick to a magnet.

Thanks,
Buck

Might be an aluminum washer. Dead-soft aluminum is used as a sealing/crush washer almost as often as copper. So, if it is aluminum, it should work just fine. However, the rest of the URO product, well .... confused24.gif
ConeDodger
I was just consolidating Porsche and Datsun parts in my storage garage so I can get rid of some boxes and have more room. I have at least a half dozen Bosch CHT including one new in box. If that URO stuff doesn't work, I'll put a bunch of Porsche ones up for sale soon...
Mikey914
Why did you buy the URO version?
Send it back I'll meet any URO price.Again we made these and they decided to try to step on us. SO F-em!

There is more than just the washer that a problem there.
The body is steel and they zinc plated it. So you put Zinc plated steel into aluminum and use it to measure resistance (read small current as it is grounded to the head) Sound like a recipe for corrosion? It gets better. As you get corrosion the part will measure or not measure differently changing your cold start map.

We made ours from stainless.

What did it cost?
buck toenges
I just looked up pelican and that is what they have. I didn't know Rubber had there own.
McMark
agree.gif Send it back to Pelican and when they ask why explain that you heard on 914World that URO makes poor quality parts and that you're disappointed they carry them. Tell them you're buying it from 914Rubber.

Little bit of effort, but worth it to support one of our own. And you get a better quality part out of it.
76-914
agree.gif with Mark; both of them. Your dollar is your vote and your "vote" will help educate Pelican. beerchug.gif
NeunEinVier
You could get this NOS one if you're okay with using OEM, has a steel body and aluminum washer tho.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=318849

laugh.gif
second wind
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 29 2017, 05:21 PM) *

I was just consolidating Porsche and Datsun parts in my storage garage so I can get rid of some boxes and have more room. I have at least a half dozen Bosch CHT including one new in box. If that URO stuff doesn't work, I'll put a bunch of Porsche ones up for sale soon...

Hello...I would love to be on the list of people asking for one of you NOS cht's. Please include me and I will promptly pay your price. Do you have a part number you could share? Thank you very much!
gg
buck toenges
QUOTE(second wind @ Jul 13 2022, 02:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 29 2017, 05:21 PM) *

Hello...I would love to be on the list of people asking for one of you NOS cht's. Please include me and I will promptly pay your price. Do you have a part number you could share? Thank you very much!
gg

This is an old thread that was resurrected from a post about a bad uro cht.
Van B
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2017, 12:05 AM) *

Why did you buy the URO version?
Send it back I'll meet any URO price.Again we made these and they decided to try to step on us. SO F-em!

There is more than just the washer that a problem there.
The body is steel and they zinc plated it. So you put Zinc plated steel into aluminum and use it to measure resistance (read small current as it is grounded to the head) Sound like a recipe for corrosion? It gets better. As you get corrosion the part will measure or not measure differently changing your cold start map.

We made ours from stainless.

What did it cost?

Mike, I know this is an old thread, and don't take this the wrong way, but the effort you put into that post would be far better spent on your product listing so that everyone can know.

I would also say that on a galvanic corrosion index, zinc is much closer to aluminum which is why zinc plating is so effective in automotive parts. Stainless on the otherhand may have strong resistance to oxidation on it's own, but its anodic properties are on the other end of the scale and can heavily corrode aluminum.

https://www.monarchmetal.com/blog/galvanic-...tions-answered/

Van
Mikey914
The grounding of the sensor is important, however my money is on the internal failure. More likely the connection to the sensor. There is not a lot of voltage here and the failure was quick.
We initially made these from stainless and the testing had very little variation in resistance throughout the temperature range.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.