Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I saw one! I saw one!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Coming home from work I saw a nice looking red '74 stuck in traffic with me ohmy.gif (thought I was hallucinating). It was driving me nuts because I couldn't quite get up along side him (to honk and wave my 914Club hat).......so if any members were on southbound I-270 around 5:15, nice car!!

(It's the first 914 outside of mine that I've seen driving anywhere in Missouri without it actually being a 914 get-together/event........ boldblue.gif )
STL914
Well, it wsn't me! Too bad because it was a freakin gorgeous day for a drive! driving.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (STL914 @ May 24 2005, 05:21 PM)
Well, it wsn't me! Too bad because it was a freakin gorgeous day for a drive! driving.gif

Well.....I wouldn't call it "driving" at 5:15 on I-270 south sad.gif ...1st - 2nd - jam on the brakes for no apparent reason, 1st - 2nd - jam on the brakes for no apparent reason......repeat procedure as required for the next 11 miles. headbang.gif

You're the first one I thought of Gary, so I did a search to take a look at your avatar. This one was red with vinyl on the sail panels, and Riviera wheels (yeah...we were going that slow). Very straight car from what I could see.

Maybe if I see him again in rush-hour hell, I'll be able to get close enough to point him towards the "Club"... the more, the merrier beer.gif
flatout
Kevin, There is a nice one that is around south county. I have seen it at a few shows. Don't know him, but the car is real nice. Are you coming to tweeks ?
redshift
That was Suzanne Sommers.

rolleyes.gif

M
STL914
Well.....I wouldn't call it "driving" at 5:15 on I-270 south  ...1st - 2nd - jam on the brakes for no apparent reason, 1st - 2nd - jam on the brakes for no apparent reason......repeat procedure as required for the next 11 miles.

Kevin, I can relate to that. Hwy 270 has got to be the worst
highway in the area; traffic jams in the early afternoon are
the norm.

I've got about three to four weeks of driving my red car until
I turn it over to Shelby for a repaint. She'll be doing a color change from the faded, scratched Bahia Red to Jaguar Racing Green.

Right Shelby?
bd1308
i let mother nature paint my car.....red with white spots. oh and underneath i have a lot of this reddish color painted on something that resembles dried-up easy cheese. touch it, and it falls in your hand...or in your eye.
Z Driver
hmm, I know of a guy who lives close to I-270 in St. Louis with a red 914. It's a '73 2.0. I met him at the STL Euro Meet. Really nice guy and really nice car he saved from an almost certain rust death. I have a few pics of his car I can post if you want to see if it was the one.
SpecialK
Shelby, tweeks is a "No-Go" this year sad.gif , my mother and step-father are making their annual migration and stopping by to see me and mine that weekend. We'll hook-up for sure this summer though.....didn't you say something about Randy's pool is ready to go? idea.gif biggrin.gif

Z Driver If you've got some pics of the red 914 we'd love to see them! boldblue.gif Can't get enough pics here.... beerchug.gif
hi ho silber
Special K: I saw that car at Gateway during the PCA DE event couple of months ago. There ended up being five 914's there three four's and two six's.

Missed the Euro event Z Driver any other 914's there?

flatout
Kevin, We will get togther this summer, Randy's pool is in. Everything is green and pretty down here now. Just let us know and we will set something up. Maybe we can get more St. Louis cars down, or Memphis cars up. Gary looking forward to painting your 914, whenever you are ready. Again hope all goes well next week. Email or call when you get back.
Z Driver
Here are the pics from the Euro Meet. My camera strap got in the way of the pics and I didn't notice that until I got home. chair.gif This was the sole 914 at the event. It was mostly BMW (like what I brought) and VW's. There was a 914, 996, and a Boxter as well.
Z Driver
The lovely 914 back end. I can't wait until I own one.
Verruckt
Maybe one of these days the St Louie people and KC people can meet up in Columbia or something? Would be cool to have a Missouri meet of some sorts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.