Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top Seals/Noise/Rub Strips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GregAmy
All, need guidance on seals and rub strips for the targa top. Mine leak air and squeak when the top is installed (that I'm now noticing, with the cooler days here in New England).

Keep in mind that I can't simply look at the car and replace what's damaged. This car was a rescue, and much of the stuff that should be there is not (and the other car is a race car that had pretty much everything removed). For example, I had no idea that the doors had edge seals on the aft edge of the glass simply because nothing is there...

I'd appreciate in "idiot's guide" on what should be there to seal, stop air leaks, and noise, with links to the proper parts on 914Rubber a big plus. About to get into the GB for master cylinder so I'd like to do a MegaBuy.

Thanks!
Mikey914
What you are probably looking for is the rear targa seal I would get the OEM version with the fuzzey
Often the noise comes from the blocks on the roof and there is some adjustment that can be made. Sometimes it's a seal that the fuzzey is missing

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Rear-Targa-S...le-914RTS-N.htm

It's a more complex seal than you would think with a flap that is coated with the fuzzey material.
McMark
agree.gif with Mark.

Also, if it's not the original top to the car the rubber latch blocks can be adjusted a bit as well and there's two different types/heights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.