Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 True 914-6 IMSA race car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Fubawu
Hello

I am listing my 1970 914-6 IMSA GTU race car for sale. Vin 914 034 0754 and raced from 1982-87 against some of the most iconic race cars ever. A personal favorite of mine was Bob Akins 935's. It was an incredible time to be a motor sports fan.

This car raced mainly in the north east events including Lime rock , Watkins Glen, Mosport 6 hrs, and the Poconos. I have and will include race programs from the events.
The car was campaigned primarily by Paul Resnick with help from Barnaba and Dawes at various events. Much of it's race history is listed on-line as well as mentioned in the the recent book "914 Racing".

As the car stands now it is a roller, the chassis is extremely solid as can be seen in the pictures. The original fiberglass panels are still on the car but could use a refresh.
Car comes with all that is seen. Gauges, suspension, trans cooler, struts, steering rack etc. This car would have last raced as a 2.8 with a 915 transmission. I'm torn on selling this as I'm also considering sourcing a 2.8 and putting it back together. Another project has come up and jumped the line. I know I won't get to this car for some time.

Vin number is present on the pillar and the front trunk stamp is there as well. part of it is covered by chassis reinforcement. You can see all the upgrades done to the chassis
period correct. The cage and bracing is very impressive. Not often does a chance to own a true historic 914-6 race car present itself. Asking $SOLD obo car is located in Lewiston NY. email or pm me john@jollyjumper.com
My 914
Beautiful race car! GLWS.
EdwardBlume
Awesome car! GLWTS!
Fubawu
one more picture and race results courtesy Glen Stazak

Click to view attachment
Fubawu
I'm blown away when I see the historic cars this 914-6 raced against.
Akin, Heimrath, Stomelman, Baker, Haywood, Holbert, Morton....

URY914
You do realize that your car was not in the same class as the 935's, don't you?
Fubawu
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 31 2017, 04:17 PM) *

GTO AND GTU and GTP Not a hard formula. Essentially all cars were in the same race but the lower displacement cars had a race within a race. Not much different then today.

URY914
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Oct 31 2017, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 31 2017, 04:17 PM) *

GTO AND GTU and GTP Not a hard formula. Essentially all cars were in the same race but the lower displacement cars had a race within a race. Not much different then today.

What do you mean by "Not a hard formula?"
arne
Not to take away from the potential history of this car, but racing on the same track at the same time but in a different class is not the same as “raced against” in my mind.
Fubawu
I can see both sides, but really all cars on track have a chance at the overall win. Yes the
GTU cars have a very slim chance but from time to time it does happen. So if any car/team can win then they are racing each other.

I'll remind you of Petite Le Mans 2016 When Porsche won the over all against the DP
cars in the Porsche 911 RSR. This does happen once in a blue moon with Endurance racing.
Fubawu
Sold guys, thanks for the interest
arne
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Nov 1 2017, 01:41 PM) *

Sold guys, thanks for the interest

Cool! Hope it makes it back to the track soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.