Tom_T
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 31 2017, 10:09 AM) *

Either for a Sportmatic .... or manufacturing error! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

"Manufacturing error" was tongue-in-cheek George. smile.gif
McMark
what in the world?, who can explain this?

Thinly veiled attempt at advertising?
Rand
Not getting enough attention on the old club forum?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
so we had a customer in Germany with another 914-6 sportomatic believe it or not, and he needed a left drivers floor carpet, as it was completely missing. We had of course our sporto as a model as well as new old stock of an original 71 loop drivers floor carpet. Our inventive and artistic lady Sue was able to take a two pedal carpet and convert it to one pedal, to where only the best would ever be able to tell. NOW the guy has his new drivers sporto factory carpet, as pictured in the opening post!
Ferg
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 31 2017, 01:09 PM) *

what in the world?, who can explain this?

Thinly veiled attempt at advertising?

lol-2.gif La Croix out my nose
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 1 2017, 08:13 AM) *

so we had a customer in Germany with another 914-6 sportomatic believe it or not, and he needed a left drivers floor carpet, as it was completely missing. We had of course our sporto as a model as well as new old stock of an original 71 loop drivers floor carpet. Our inventive and artistic lady Sue was able to take a two pedal carpet and convert it to one pedal, to where only the best would ever be able to tell. NOW the guy has his new drivers sporto factory carpet, as pictured in the opening post!

So George,

Do you think that your creative gal Sue could create a proper & undetectable Dark Tan driver side floor mat with the 3 pedal slots, heel pad, grommet holes & edging to match an original set of NOS Dark Tan Mats - out of a couple of your NOS Dark Tan Passenger Side Floor Mats?
confused24.gif

And before somebody suggests 914Rubber, AI, WC, Lakewell or any other vendors - NONE of them make the correct color #503 Dark Tan Loop Pile Mats, so I've invested in some pricey NOS ones already, with the intent of using some extras to create the bits which are NLA for my resto. and - NO - I won't settle for the "Cinnamon".

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dr914@autoatlanta.com
she certainly could except for the color of the heal pads and pedal surrounds. We have many other tan felt but will have to look to see if the heal pad is the same color. We have done this operation other times when we needed certain factory pieces that we needed. Worked out great, and used pieces that we had many of (as you know Tom!!)

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 1 2017, 05:12 PM) *

So George,

Do you think that your creative gal Sue could create a proper & undetectable Dark Tan driver side floor mat with the 3 pedal slots, heel pad, grommet holes & edging to match an original set of NOS Dark Tan Mats - out of a couple of your NOS Dark Tan Passenger Side Floor Mats?
confused24.gif

And before somebody suggests 914Rubber, AI, WC, Lakewell or any other vendors - NONE of them make the correct color #503 Dark Tan Loop Pile Mats, so I've invested in some pricey NOS ones already, with the intent of using some extras to create the bits which are NLA for my resto. and - NO - I won't settle for the "Cinnamon".

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom_T
George,

I'll try to give you a call in the next week or so to discuss it further, but I'm trying to catch up from a 3 week biz trip right now.

Cheers!
Tom
///////

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 2 2017, 06:55 AM) *

she certainly could except for the color of the heal pads and pedal surrounds. We have many other tan felt but will have to look to see if the heal pad is the same color. We have done this operation other times when we needed certain factory pieces that we needed. Worked out great, and used pieces that we had many of (as you know Tom!!)

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 1 2017, 05:12 PM) *

So George,

confused24.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.