Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - FS: 1970 Steel GT Flared Project Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
igo914
Up for sale is my SCCA DSP Project 914. Life / family / job responsibilities have not afforded me the time to finish this. This would be and awesome street/track/autocross build for someone who has the time and skills to finish. Listed below are some key details on what's been done and some of the NIB parts I've collected for the build. The car is located in North Metro Atlanta (Roswell), Georgia. I do have a set of wheels (4 lug, 15" - shown in gallery) and tires so the car is absolutely moveable.
  • Chassis - 1970 Porshce 914 with steel GT flares and fresh Grand Prix white paint (rust repair done to right longitudinal, new hell hole (battery area), new right rear tail section, still needs left front floor work)
  • Steering Wheel - Momo Mod 69 with adapter (also have stock wheel)
  • Motor - Engine is a 2056 with 96mm JE pistons. Stock rods with ARP rod bolts, lighten flywheel with Al pressure plate. Has a 587/587+5 cam. Manton push rods and 911 swivel feet adjusters. Cylinder heads are 2.0l rebuilt by Len Hoffman. 42x36 with very mild bowl work. Freshly built by Blake Meredith (bam914).
  • Motor Tins / Fan shroud - Freshly powder coated
  • Carbs - Dual Empi 40mm with Sync link
  • Header- ITB Race header
  • Transmission - Stock (tail shifter version)
  • Suspension - Front double adjustable Koni inserts, single adjustable Koni rears with coilovers, delrin bushings
  • Front Swaybar - New in the box Tarett Front Swabay Kit
  • Pedal board - Aluminum Floor board
  • Front spoiler - New fiberglass front spoiler
  • 5-Lug Conversion - New in the box PMB 5-Lug conversion
  • Race Instrumentation - Race Technologies Dash 2 with sensors
  • Race Wheels - 15x10 Bogart LS6 (914World Bogart Wheel Ad)
Photo Gallery
1970 914 Gallery

Asking $6500 obo for the whole lot.
mepstein
Wow! All sorts of great deals on World.
arne
agree.gif

I’d be all over this if it were closer to me. Great deal!
3stewarts
I can't seem to see the pictures.

Any one else? or is it my work PC blocking me?
dax1969
QUOTE(3stewarts @ Oct 31 2017, 06:44 PM) *

I can't seem to see the pictures.

Any one else? or is it my work PC blocking me?

Link works fine fm my cellphone
mepstein
pics
JRust
QUOTE(arne @ Oct 31 2017, 10:40 AM) *

agree.gif

Get it shipped Arne. Even then this is a good deal
arne
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 31 2017, 12:19 PM) *

agree.gif

Shipping a disassembled project and its associated parts 3000 miles across the country would appear to be a nightmare in logistics. The most obvious roadblock is that a cross-country transport is NOT going to be able to snake through my neighborhood and then back up my dead end street. Flat not happening.

Which doesn’t mean I’m not considering it anyway... screwy.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(arne @ Oct 31 2017, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 31 2017, 12:19 PM) *

agree.gif

Shipping a disassembled project and its associated parts 3000 miles across the country would appear to be a nightmare in logistics. The most obvious roadblock is that a cross-country transport is NOT going to be able to snake through my neighborhood and then back up my dead end street. Flat not happening.

Which doesn’t mean I’m not considering it anyway... screwy.gif

Have them drop off to your favorite commercial location. Before I worked at a shop, I would have deliveries go to my local mechanic. He has a forklift and works on semi's so plenty of parking lot. quite a few of our customers get deliveries to our shop because of access, forklift and theres always someone to receive.
arne
PM sent. wacko.gif blink.gif idea.gif
johnhora
heck of a nice deal....
Beach914
I don't need a fourth project or I'd be all over this one too. I've got to see a shrink.....
Cairo94507
Hey guys - I put my Six tub and almost all of its parts in the back of a 26' U-Haul enclosed box truck and drove it from VA to CA. All you really need is to have it on a decent rolling dolly (wood is fine) and about 5 or 6 guys at both ends to get it up into and out of the truck. Where there is a will, there is a way.

On a side note, don't rent U-Haul. It is apparently the bottom of the rental fleet market. My truck was a stripped down POS- at least it had AC. Hopefully that is the last time I will ever need to rent a truck to move anything.
igo914
- More detailed description of the motor build added
- Added numerous photos to the gallery: Some of the body shop rust repair, painting, etc. Also added pictures of the interior floors. Added the cam card and the invoice for the 5-lug conversion.

Thanks for all the interest.
arne
Shipping costs to Oregon are prohibiting. I’m afraid I’m out. Still think this is a great deal for someone closer, maybe who can collect it themselves.
914itis
Pm sent!
JRust
QUOTE(arne @ Nov 1 2017, 07:22 PM) *

Shipping costs to Oregon are prohibiting. I’m afraid I’m out. Still think this is a great deal for someone closer, maybe who can collect it themselves.

I like the idea of flying out. Renting a Uhaul & loading it all up. Who doesn't like a good road trip Arne? I do have a line on another project for you if you are truly out. Give me a ring
arne
Flying out and driving a rental back is no cheaper, not with fuel and motel costs. I checked...
dax1969
Would love to see this car finished (and to own it biggrin.gif )
dr914@autoatlanta.com
absolutely a tremendous give away deal, I tried to look at the gallery, but it just came up blank

QUOTE(igo914 @ Oct 31 2017, 09:14 AM) *

Up for sale is my SCCA DSP Project 914. Life / family / job responsibilities have not afforded me the time to finish this. This would be and awesome street/track/autocross build for someone who has the time and skills to finish. Listed below are some key details on what's been done and some of the NIB parts I've collected for the build. The car is located in North Metro Atlanta (Roswell), Georgia. I do have a set of wheels (4 lug, 15" - shown in gallery) and tires so the car is absolutely moveable.
  • Chassis - 1970 Porshce 914 with steel GT flares and fresh Grand Prix white paint (rust repair done to right longitudinal, new hell hole (battery area), new right rear tail section, still needs left front floor work)
  • Steering Wheel - Momo Mod 69 with adapter (also have stock wheel)
  • Motor - Engine is a 2056 with 96mm JE pistons. Stock rods with ARP rod bolts, lighten flywheel with Al pressure plate. Has a 587/587+5 cam. Manton push rods and 911 swivel feet adjusters. Cylinder heads are 2.0l rebuilt by Len Hoffman. 42x36 with very mild bowl work. Freshly built by Blake Meredith (bam914).
  • Motor Tins / Fan shroud - Freshly powder coated
  • Carbs - Dual Empi 40mm with Sync link
  • Header- ITB Race header
  • Transmission - Stock (tail shifter version)
  • Suspension - Front double adjustable Koni inserts, single adjustable Koni rears with coilovers, delrin bushings
  • Front Swaybar - New in the box Tarett Front Swabay Kit
  • Pedal board - Aluminum Floor board
  • Front spoiler - New fiberglass front spoiler
  • 5-Lug Conversion - New in the box PMB 5-Lug conversion
  • Race Instrumentation - Race Technologies Dash 2 with sensors
  • Race Wheels - 15x10 Bogart LS6 (914World Bogart Wheel Ad)
Photo Gallery
1970 914 Gallery

Asking $6500 obo for the whole lot.

JOEPROPER
Great deal! I have a feeling this one is heading straight up I95.
rfuerst911sc
I'm 4 weeks from retiring and I see this ad headbang.gif I was thinking about getting back into a 914 and I'm 20 miles North of you in Dahlonega . My wife would kill me biggrin.gif
flyer86d
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Nov 2 2017, 07:51 PM) *

I'm 4 weeks from retiring and I see this ad headbang.gif I was thinking about getting back into a 914 and I'm 20 miles North of you in Dahlonega . My wife would kill me biggrin.gif

I helped a friend who retired to Green Valley, AZ find a nice 996 to enjoy. He vintage raced a MG TC for years which he sold when he retired. I think that his wife figured that he was finally done with sports cars, she really didn’t like them. Well, when the 996 arrived at the house, she literally locked him out. He managed to find his way back in but she didn’t speak to him for weeks. I hear that she has finally gotten used to the car being around.

Good luck! It looks like a great car!

Charlie

billh1963
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Nov 3 2017, 05:39 AM) *

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Nov 2 2017, 07:51 PM) *

I helped a friend who retired to Green Valley, AZ find a nice 996 to enjoy. He vintage raced a MG TC for years which he sold when he retired. I think that his wife figured that he was finally done with sports cars, she really didn’t like them. Well, when the 996 arrived at the house, she literally locked him out. He managed to find his way back in but she didn’t speak to him for weeks. I hear that she has finally gotten used to the car being around.

Good luck! It looks like a great car!

Charlie

I would have kicked her out of the house! Of course, maybe that's why I have lots of Porsches and other sports cars and no wife rolleyes.gif
igo914
Sale pending. Will update the ad when the car sales. Thanks again for all the interest.
igo914
The car is sold and now with the new owner in Tennessee. Thanks Ryan (rcarson25) for a smooth transaction. Best of luck to you and I'm the build will turn out killer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.