Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24 hrs of Lemans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
I am planning a trip to Europe next year and it looks like we will be able to be there for part of the race July 06 which is a lifelong dream for me. I know the Europeans are much more rabid about racing than us and I realize that booking lodgings even 14 months in advance may be a problem.

Anyone been?

Hotel recommendations?

Things to do?

Things to avoid?

SGB
It has been almost 20 years- time to go back for me. I am really envious. Lessee- hotels I cant help ya- we camped in the parking area where the Gendarmes tried to kick us out... things to do- Grand Marnier Crepes! Alors! those where great! Also, get paddock pass (we snuck in, but I'll bet you can't get away with that kinda stuff no more) so you can get a REAL understanding. Look into the tents and buildings in the infield- just walk on in- hell you don't speak French do ya? And try to get out early early to see the action as the sun rises. If you can still do it, go out over the pits and look down into the action. After 14 or 16 hours, people aren't neccessarily guarding their seats. You just might have to move around a little. Lastly, be ready to swarm the track (really!)lke everyone else screwy.gif as soon as the winnning car crosses- someday someone will get nailed by the remaining contestants and it could be you...
Things to avoid? a feeling that you have to hurry- cause that won't be an option.
ppickerell
QUOTE (SGB @ May 24 2005, 06:45 PM)
things to do- Grand Marnier Crepes!  Alors!  those where great!

Yummy! Camping will probably not be high on the wifes list of THINGS TO DO. wink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (SGB @ May 25 2005, 04:45 AM)
things to do- Grand Marnier Crepes!  Alors!  those where great!  

agree.gif chowtime.gif drooley.gif
jimtab
The tgv goes to LeMans...go for the start...drink lots of coffee and go back to Paris at the end and get some sleep, you can doze in the stands....tell the guys at the driving school, I said thanks again for the "hot lap" in the chase ambulance in 1998, possibly the coolest car experience I've ever had, and they wouldn't take a sou...nice, nice people. Enjoy the race, don't miss the Sarthe museum outside the track.
sixnotfour
The Town of Leman is about 20 miles away, neat smaller town, Not much time for me to look around , but the wives enjoyed it.
Been there for the Leman Classic but not the big show, awesome place , History all around, Paris is Great too.
Teaser, 1 of hundreds taken , memories
Renault Racing History gallery down from the Arc DeTriumph is interesting.
History all around enjoy.
lagunero
Le Tour Baby!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.