agree.gif

Another May B-Day! Have a good one Lyressa
Jenny
Happy birthday Lyressa! mueba.gif

Jen
jonwatts
The doctor says:

user posted image

And for your birthday, we will all attempt to spell you name right all day long!

Lyressa Roberts
Thanks guys!!!

Hey, I have a birthday wish for myself...please all wish that my shoulder stops hurting...it's driving me nuts.
aircooledboy
Happy BD Lurissah!! laugh.gif

drunk.gif monkeydance.gif
SirAndy
well well ...

let me guess. 21?
biggrin.gif Andy

party.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 25 2005, 08:20 AM)
Thanks guys!!!

Hey, I have a birthday wish for myself...please all wish that my shoulder stops hurting...it's driving me nuts.

have you tried:
-stop carrying heavy objects
-massage
-chiropractic adjustment

Hope you have a nice b-day. smilie_pokal.gif
Meredith
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 25 2005, 10:05 AM)
have you tried:

There's an idea... idea.gif laugh.gif

Happy birthday, Lyressa! I hope it's filled with pain-free sunshine, beauty and laughter.

-Mer
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 25 2005, 08:50 AM)
well well ...

let me guess. 21?
biggrin.gif Andy

party.gif

But of course!!!

My crows feet are an illusion.
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 25 2005, 09:05 AM)
Thanks guys!!!

have you tried:
-massage
-chiropractic adjustment

I massage it every day. I don't think I'm carrying anything heavy. No chiropractic adjustment...don't know what that would entail. May be bursitis (sp?). Slept with my arm above my head and it's been this way for almost 2 weeks now. I can't even fix my darn hair without my arm feeling like it wants to fall off. dry.gif Ugh!
seanery
Happy Birthday Lyressa! driving-girl.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 25 2005, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 25 2005, 09:05 AM)
Thanks guys!!!

have you tried:
-massage
-chiropractic adjustment

I massage it every day. I don't think I'm carrying anything heavy. No chiropractic adjustment...don't know what that would entail. May be bursitis (sp?). Slept with my arm above my head and it's been this way for almost 2 weeks now. I can't even fix my darn hair without my arm feeling like it wants to fall off. dry.gif Ugh!

I meant to put a laugh smilie next to carrying a heavy object.

If the pain is in the muscle, massage by a pro can do wonders. A good CMT can find the tightness and knots and knead them out. You can't get the leverage by yourself.

If it's a skeletal alignment problem, chiropractic help. Half the time I've had treatments the relief was instant. The other times, they insisted I return for a "series" of adjustment. huh.gif The challenge is finding someone who is really good. One Dr. diagnosed the wrong side based on his observations of my stance! screwy.gif

Forgot to list:
-a nice long hot bath with minerals or salts.
-a heat pad at night
-icing the shoulder.

Lyressa Roberts
No, if it were a muscle problem, it would have healed by now. It's actually in the shoulder joint itself. It only hurts when I raise my arm. It's better than it was two weeks ago, but it still hurts like the devil.
mikerose
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 25 2005, 10:36 AM)
It only hurts when I raise my arm.

Stop using the arm biggrin.gif

mike cool_shades.gif
Scott Carlberg
Happy Birthday Mrs B, er, Mrs R smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Hey Lyressa, Have a GREAT day! beerchug.gif
redshift
Please God, make Lire.. Lrye.. Lereyssa's shoulder stop hurting..

Amen.. oh, and also hurry up on those lotto numbers... Amen..

Happy B-Day, L-rissa!

M!
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (mikerose @ May 25 2005, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 25 2005, 10:36 AM)
It only hurts when I raise my arm.

Stop using the arm biggrin.gif

mike cool_shades.gif

LOL!! You know, my dad says that to: "Your arm hurts when you raise it? Then stop raising it"... slap.gif
Dr. Roger
Hi Lyressa,
First of all, "Happy B day".

I had similar pain in my shoulder joint after laying down my dirt bike. Tendons don't heal but ligaments kinda' do.

If it feels hot ice it. If it doesn't feel hot just give it time and take 2 Advil. =-) And 2 shots of Cuervo...... biggrin.gif You won't feel a thing. wink.gif

Saw pics of Betsy. Very nice. That was the name of my old Tacoma 4X4 that is now retired.

Perhaps I'll see you at Jen's breakfast.

I' think i'm carpooling with Mueller.
Feel better. beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Rotator cuff. BTDT. I had to lift my arm with the other arm to get it onto a desk.

Happy Birthday Lyressa (no.. I didnt see this thread before I sent you the email!!)

B
Brent
Happy Bday Lyressa!

I agree with Brad, Rotator cuff. It wont get better unless you go under the knife, sorry. No more curveballs for you!
Mueller
Happy B-day.... boldblue.gif
TravisNeff
Happy Birthday!
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 25 2005, 01:28 PM)
Rotator cuff. BTDT. I had to lift my arm with the other arm to get it onto a desk.

Happy Birthday Lyressa (no.. I didnt see this thread before I sent you the email!!)

B

Yea, that's what I had to do last weekend when it first happened. I still have to do that if I have to reach to the far side of my desk. (What is BTDT?)

Yea, I kind of figured you didn't see this one first... biggrin.gif
Jenny
(What is BTDT?)

Been there, done that.
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Brent @ May 25 2005, 01:42 PM)
Happy Bday Lyressa!

I agree with Brad, Rotator cuff. It wont get better unless you go under the knife, sorry. No more curveballs for you!

I don't think it's that bad...I didn't do anything to cause it other than sleep wrong...I shouldn't have to have surgery for that... Yikes!!! sad.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 25 2005, 02:27 PM)
(What is BTDT?)

Been there, done that.

Ah!! Gotcha.
Mrs. K
Wow! All these May babies....wonder what the "folk's" were doing in July/Aug of the previous year!!!!!! lol3.gif

Happy birthday Rissa, and go to the chiropractor!
Just find a good referral. wink.gif

tunez.gif birthday.gif rock_band.gif birthday2.gif

Lisa jester.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.