Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meares
got my rears from eric..... KICK ASS WORKMANSHIP!!!! beerchug.gif but, i've noticed that my rear rotors aren't slick and shiny like the fronts screwy.gif i'm VERY much convinced/KNOW that it's NOT the calipers and the mech. SAID he adjusted them properly......do you think it's the proportioning valve? if so, where is it and how do i adjust it?
tat2dphreak
I'd be willing to bet $$$ that the mech didn't adjust them RIGHT!

adjust them yourself, it's not THAT bad, and you'll KNOW for sure...

if the prop valve is bad, just pull it and replace it with a "T" it's a PITA anyway!
meares
what is a PITA and where to find the "T?" THANKS
tat2dphreak
the prop valve is the PITA(Pain In The Ass)...

you can get the "T" from any VW shop... buses and bugs all used the "T" brake fitting...
meares
dumb ? i'm sure but, you mean a place where they service VWs? don't laugh, i know it's a dumb question....it's just my first forey in to the 914 world...plenty of 911 exp. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
not a dumb Q... no such thing! by vw shop, I mean a "classic" VW parts store, but many of them DO service VWs too.. old VWs though.

there are some online too... CIP1.com ; mid-america motor works has a VW division, aircooled.net, etc...
meares
thanks!! i'm in atlanta so i'm sure there's something here! beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
yep... they are all over still!

here is a decent list:

aircooled.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.