Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheridan Standard Body Wheel and Tire Sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FL000
Looking for recommendations from those of you who have been there done that. I am about to order wheels for my 914 with the Sheridan standard body kit, and I am going the custom offset route to avoid needing spacers. It will be a street car, fair weather only, and although drivability is important, looks/proportions are #1. I know it is subjective, but I am settling in on 17x8 up front, and 17x9.5 in the rear. Tire sizes unknown but will be somewhere around 225/40 in front and 255/40 rear.

Ultimately I would like to know what wheel/tire sizes and offsets work for you, and pictures if you have them. Also any gotchas to watch out for so I don’t make an expensive mistake. I will be using the Percy wheel rite tool for checking clearances, and I want to get the wheel as close as possible to the fender lip.

BTW - Wheels will probably be the Rotiform FUC 2-piece; they look nice and the price is right vs the 3-piece options out there.

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
CCE
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Nov 3 2017, 01:07 PM) *

Looking for recommendations from those of you who have been there done that. I am about to order wheels for my 914 with the Sheridan standard body kit, and I am going the custom offset route to avoid needing spacers. It will be a street car, fair weather only, and although drivability is important, looks/proportions are #1. I know it is subjective, but I am settling in on 17x8 up front, and 17x9.5 in the rear. Tire sizes unknown but will be somewhere around 225/40 in front and 255/40 rear.

Ultimately I would like to know what wheel/tire sizes and offsets work for you, and pictures if you have them. Also any gotchas to watch out for so I don’t make an expensive mistake. I will be using the Percy wheel rite tool for checking clearances, and I want to get the wheel as close as possible to the fender lip.

BTW - Wheels will probably be the Rotiform FUC 2-piece; they look nice and the price is right vs the 3-piece options out there.

Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Do you have pictures on the end result?
tygaboy
@dan10101 Dan, can you offer any first hand info?
CBee
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Nov 3 2017, 12:07 PM) *

Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Do have pics of the bodywork mounting process or details?

I'm considering Sheridan bodywork myself and would like to see just how much of the stock bodywork steel is removed and can be left off.
rhodyguy
Which style of 2 piece Rotiform? Forged wheels come at a premium. You chassis looks great.
Mikey914
QUOTE(CBee @ Jun 9 2022, 10:16 AM) *

Thanks!

Click to view attachment

I'm considering Sheridan bodywork myself and would like to see just how much of the stock bodywork steel is removed and can be left off.

Quite a bit actually. We bought the molds and have been working them and making some improvements. Originally the hoods were just skins that you needed to mount steel tabs to use Dzues fasteners. We made complete hoods. Happy to sell you just the skins if you want. The front end is one piece that drops into the front trunk edge and you will basically be removing the fenders and much of the front end. Here are some pics.
dan10101
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 9 2022, 10:13 AM) *

@dan10101 Dan, can you offer any first hand info?

Ok, you got me. I'm sure the OP got his wheels years ago. So I'll answer CCE's question. But then again that's probably what you meant.

Oh, and CBee's question.

There is a thread from me called Widebody something. Duh, the link is below this message. It should have some build pictures.
You can also look at my rebuild playlist on Youtube. Budget Outlaws.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8lC...u-WmcJojnWylB-G
The first several videos show the car with the fiberglass parts removed (and a whole bunch of sheetmetal).

It looks like Mikey will able to supply me with replacement panels for life!

For general info. I've run as big as 10x18 inch wheels with 305 wide tires. Front and Rear. Also 11x18 with 285 front and 295 rear tires.
Maltese Falcon
Forgeline wheels; Front= 10x18"/ Rear= 12x18"
Not sure on the offsets, but I can search my notes if needed. We can trim the inner fender lip away and put another 1" of wheel in there, but I like the extra fender strength with the lip in place.
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Front
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Rear
Click to view attachment
FL000
Just to close the loop I ended up stumbling across Euromister wheels about that same time. I liked the look and price was much kinder than custom so I went that route.

Ended up going with 225 45ZR17 up front and 255 40ZR17 in the back.

She’s just about to come off these stands and a little dirty but this is how it looks today. I love it from side to front angle, while the rear look has some large gaps; but heck, goes with the 70’s look lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Looking Good @FL000 dig the red body and matte black wheels. Rear tire-to-fender gaps are not a deal breaker; you can always fine tune with spacers.
marty914.jpg
slivel
I have the Sheridan body on my 914. The wheels are Fuchs 8x16 on the front and 9x16 on the rear. When on the track I ran245/45/16 and 275/45/16 Hoosiers. Now that it is a street only car I am running Toyo RA1 front and rear in 245/45/16. Spacers required.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=839
354]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mgp4591
Looking good as usual, but new wheels could be a real eye popper...and I'll take a garage paint job like yours any day!
Maltese Falcon
Love this style wheel...seen here on the prototype 2023 Porsche LMDh
Click to view attachment

and these gold wheels on @VegasRacer John's red Cayman smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Gearup
QUOTE(FL000 @ Jun 10 2022, 08:58 PM) *

Just to close the loop I ended up stumbling across Euromister wheels about that same time. I liked the look and price was much kinder than custom so I went that route.

Ended up going with 225 45ZR17 up front and 255 40ZR17 in the back.

She’s just about to come off these stands and a little dirty but this is how it looks today. I love it from side to front angle, while the rear look has some large gaps; but heck, goes with the 70’s look lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Are those 17X8 and 17x9 ?
Gearup
QUOTE(slivel @ Jun 11 2022, 06:50 AM) *

I have the Sheridan body on my 914. The wheels are Fuchs 8x16 on the front and 9x16 on the rear. When on the track I ran245/45/16 and 275/45/16 Hoosiers. Now that it is a street only car I am running Toyo RA1 front and rear in 245/45/16. Spacers required.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=839
354]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

Do you have a direct side view of the car? I just bought a
car that has 18 inch rims but I really like the look of the black Fuchs on the original posters car. Was curious how the 16’s looked. ThanksClick to view attachment
CBee
QUOTE(CBee @ Jun 9 2022, 11:16 AM) *

Thanks!

Click to view attachment

No progress pictures of any of these cars showing how much stock steel was removed and mounting details for the FG?
Anybody?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(CBee @ Jun 14 2022, 01:08 PM) *

QUOTE(CBee @ Jun 9 2022, 11:16 AM) *

No progress pictures of any of these cars showing how much stock steel was removed and mounting details for the FG?
Anybody?

confused24.gif
Dan literally gave you a link giving you what you were asking for.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=331420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twl_gr6svqA

Zach
FL000
QUOTE(Gearup @ Jun 13 2022, 08:05 PM) *

Are those 17X8 and 17x9 ?

Yes indeed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.