Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhowitson
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

I would like to get one of these. What are they worth? blink.gif blink.gif
tat2dphreak
unfortunately, I can't see ebay at work anymore, if it's the "PORSCHE" reflector that goes between the taillights, they go for about $100 in good shape by them selves, and if they have a good selenoid, they can go as high as $200...

a "real" 914 one will go for a little more, probably, but 9 out of 10 that are on ebay are cut-down 911 reflectors...
Kerrys914
That one has the "S" drilled for the trunk button. Some like that look and some don't. unsure.gif

I would say $75 at most for one drilled, but that's just me.

Best of luck beer.gif
Mueller
it's worth what you are willing to pay for it smile.gif

i sold mine for $75 a few years ago...it did not have the hole in it for the rear lock like this one does..I'm not a fan of the rear reflector, and when someone punches a hole thru one for the chrome trunk lock, they look really cheesy biggrin.gif
xsboost90
mine is a cut down version, doesnt look too bad. I had an extra and sold it for $20 when i was just a newbee. sad.gif
STL914
It's really difficult to say what one is worth. It depends on what anyone is willing to pay for it. As an example, checkout this recent e-Bay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
akellym
I'd want to know why you don't get to see the whole thing!
Tom73
If you may not have noticed, the seller is Camp914 smile.gif
sjhowitson
I saw that. I was just wondering what the cost. Thought it would look cool on the race car. smilie_pokal.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 25 2005, 06:23 AM)

a "real" 914 one will go for a little more, probably, but 9 out of 10 that are on ebay are cut-down 911 reflectors...

"Real 914 one"? Alan Mittleman bought 911 rear lenses and cut them down. He was first to market with them (Mitcom, the same people who developed the Chalon). I've never heard of any that weren't made that way. The tooling costs would be astronomical, and you'd have to buy the rights from Porsche, something that ain't gonna happen at that level. One for every 914 out there would bring economy of scale, but the market never supported that quantity. The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 25 2005, 12:47 PM)
I've never heard of any that weren't made that way.

there are ...
there is a aftermarket version that is NOT a cut down 911 reflector. they have a black line all around and don't really reflect in the dark. also, the porsche script is much darker and hard to read.

me likes the 911 ones much better, but still not enough to put one on my car ...
biggrin.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
there was one made by an aftermarket company in the 70s... FOR the 914... at least that's what I've been told, that is what I'm calling the "real" one...
skline
In case you have never seen the one that was specifically made for the 914, there is one on Ebay right now.

914 Rear Reflector biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (skline @ May 25 2005, 03:05 PM)
In case you have never seen the one that was specifically made for the 914, there is one on Ebay right now.

can you post the pic? I can't get to ebay... damn big brother!
aircooledboy
QUOTE (skline @ May 25 2005, 02:05 PM)

Ya, but that seller makes me nervous. His feedback is a little shakey.

laugh.gif beerchug.gif
wilchek
this is the one I got with my car. Never had the heart to put holes in the metal to attach it. This is clearly the aftermarket one.
wilchek
back of after market one
wilchek
and trunk release and wiring
echocanyons
I just traded a new in package Bosch lens that fit the 914.

The reflector was sealed and boxed when I got it and I am pretty sure it was not a cut down.

It also had a different bosch number than the 911 ones.

skline
Here is the one on Ebay, obviously there are different manufacturers as the one I have has a different bolt pattern.
skline
And here is the back of it.
mikerose
QUOTE (wilchek @ May 25 2005, 01:03 PM)
back of after market one

I have one just like this one on my desk at work. Look out ebay biggrin.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
mikerose
It came off my old black 75.

Mike cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.