Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone looking for a time capsule?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Well, you knew after Monterey that the low mileage cars would come out of the woodwork. At 29,500 this might be a deal.

check it out...

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/197...6365435951.html
Cairo94507
Damn- that's nice car. smilie_pokal.gif
chilling in vt
This is my brothers car. It is as nice as the pictures show. Amazing car to drive. We joke that the Pedrini's still have German air in them.
He has come to the realization that having two Porsches is a bit much for him to manage. He has had his 911 forever so this is the one that has to go.
SKL1
If it's as nice as it looks that does not seem unreasonable- I'd sure ditch the Rivieras and put the OEM wheels on it!!
iankarr
The car at Monterey this summer fetched 90K and, although super low miles, wasn't even all that original. This looks like a more authentic car to me. Too bad I'm a driver / wrencher so this isn't a good fit. Awesome car for a collector....
Unobtanium-inc
They are only original once!
chilling in vt
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 4 2017, 07:45 PM) *

If it's as nice as it looks that does not seem unreasonable- I'd sure ditch the Rivieras and put the OEM wheels on it!!

The Rivieras were put on to preserve the original Pedrini's and tires. You have to remember that the original tires are now 44 years old. Although they are not cracked or weather checked, he felt that the original wheel combo was better left for shows and not driving.
raynekat
I'd put a new set of period correct Michelin XWX's on those Pedrinis and drive those. There are other period correct tires available as well.
chilling in vt
There are new Vredsteins on the Riviera's. My brother thought it would be better to leave the original tires on the original rims. The new owner can put the Vredsteins on the Pedrini's if they choose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.