Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Wipers, Radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend914
So I had problems when arriving NC with the wipers not working and then later in the day working, same with radio. I had replaced the fuses and I just replaced all the relays. Still not working, rechecked fuses and they are OK. Not sure what else to check.
Dave_Darling
Multimeter time... Dig that out and the wiring diagram and have at it.

--DD
burton73
It may be the connection of the relays. I cleaned them and the sockets with a contact cleaner and spread the relay posts a little and it fixed it right up. I had no horn as well and they all came back up. No wipers, horn, radio. Fixed them right up.

Bob B
stevend914
Loose connection at the fuse panel.
9fourteen14
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Nov 5 2017, 09:44 AM) *

So I had problems when arriving NC with the wipers not working and then later in the day working, same with radio. I had replaced the fuses and I just replaced all the relays. Still not working, rechecked fuses and they are OK. Not sure what else to check.

Steve,
this almost sounds like my problems/WIRES.... BUT i know my wires need to be replaced.. they are burned to hell. 74 914 2.0

what are you finding?
Tbrown4x4
I just had a loose relay behind the fuse panel cause the same thing. All I noticed was no wipers and the defrost switch backlight didn't work. I don't have a radio.
Coondog
Install the J West fuse panel and all your troubles will go away........ huh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 02:33 PM) *

Install the J West fuse panel and all your troubles will go away........ huh.gif

It will cure the loose fuse syndrome but if you don't have loose fitting fuses causing bad a bad connection keep looking. If you have a JWest use the fuses that light up when they blow. Easy to spot the blown fuse and you won't need an ohm meter to find which fuse blew. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.