Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Box Repairs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
Where the drain hoses connect to the air box was broken on both sides. Mark a fellow World member said this was common because of the type of clamp used. I was going to try and find a different box, but discovered that the black lawn irrigation tube was a perfect sleave. It fits as perfect as if it was made for that purpose.

Click to view attachment

While putting on the clips that hold the box together I discoverd that those Germans had a reason for those holes in the clips.

Click to view attachment

mepstein
There are pliers that make it easy to remove and reinstall the clips with one hand.
914_teener
I can remember getting the box in....as sweat was dripping off my head and finally got it in, then putting the stock clamps back on and snapping that friggen thing off.

Nice idea, think I JB welded it back on.
914Sixer
Be careful splitting the halfs after the clips come off. I have seen a couple that have been glued together.
rstover
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 6 2017, 09:01 AM) *

Be careful splitting the halfs after the clips come off. I have seen a couple that have been glued together.

I was actually putting it back together. When I took it apart it was epoxed at one of the clipping locations. I used a dremel on the seem for about 2 inches. It was easy to tap clips off. Not so much putting them back on.

The wife was holding the box and I was trying to tap those clips in place and cussing the German engineer. She ask what are the holes for? I dumb no. After some pondering it occurred the holes might have purpose. A nail set in one side and a 1/8 long bit in the other sqeeze gently and easy breezy.

The second time is always easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.