Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel supply to carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
i,m in the final stages of the engine rebuild and currently hooking up the fuel supply to the carbs. the way i had it set up on the 40 idf was from pressure regulator to first carb then from carb # 1 to carb # 2. some folks say that i should come off the regulator to a "tee" and supply both carbs equally...the new carbs are the 44 idf... does it make a difference one way or the other ?
Triaddave
another thing, i want to do something with the extra fuel line, the return line. some say to keep it intact to be used as a back up line, some say to cap it off at the tank. i want to keep the clutter out of the engine bay so i need to hide it or get rid of it altogether...
URY914
Simple answer...

Tee off to the carbs after the pressure regulator.
Paul
Triaddave
so you are saying that carb #1 could starve carb # 2?
SLITS
I would use the Mallory fuel pressure regulator w/return to the tank. Fresh cold fuel to the carbs.

Other than that, pressure reg..."T"......lines to each carb.
Joe Ricard
cap off the smaller fuel line at the tank. Snip it off or pull it out. Chances are in a year it will have so much crap in it you DON'T want to run gas in it anyway. or be so dry rotten it won't hold gas.
URY914
Yes,
also install a pressure gauge after the regulater, before the tee.

Paul
scooter311
On mine - Holley regulator with 2 outlets, one to each carb, pressure gauge on fitting next to regulator.

Looks cool with braided stainless lines too, wooooo
Triaddave
the fuel pressure gauge is in hand and will be installed after the regulator....what kind of pressure will i be looking at?...
morph
what i did was use a rotery pump that i didnt have to put a regulator on.with webers volume is key if you ever drive it hard.IMHO also less items to put in line it looks cleaner.i run 4.5 psi to my IDFs
james
machina
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 25 2005, 11:41 AM)
I would use the Mallory fuel pressure regulator w/return to the tank. Fresh cold fuel to the carbs.

agree.gif That's what I did,

Mallory reg feeds in the bottom and out the sides to each carb and then the return out the front.
Aaron Cox
i ditched the return line.

i went P. Regulator ----- Tee ------one line to each carb wink.gif

no more than 3.5psi to the carbs wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ May 25 2005, 01:17 PM)
Mallory reg feeds in the bottom and out the sides to each carb and then the return out the front.

i'm going to need to do something like that -- do you have an identifying part number for the regulator ? thanks.
machina
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ May 25 2005, 12:21 PM)
i'm going to need to do something like that -- do you have an identifying part number for the regulator ? thanks.

Try Century performance. They had alot of Mallory in stock when other places did not.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/detail.a...CT_ID=MAL-4307M

I also used their low pressure fuel pump. Draws 1/2 the amps of the holley I replaced and it is super quiet and billet alu instead of cheap pot metal. My holley cracked at the inlet.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ May 25 2005, 01:33 PM)
http://www.centuryperformance.com/detail.a...CT_ID=MAL-4307M

I also used their low pressure fuel pump.

fascinating -- when i lived in Northern Nevada i'd never heard of them, and now that i'm gone...
oh well - glad to hear of another supplier...

i'm thinking of using the Pierburg roller-cell pump, but it's good to know of options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.