Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few technical questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hitbyastick
Hello everyone,

Is the car supposed to idle at 1800RPM until it heats up? Then it goes right down to 1000. I'm assuming that's the aux. air regulator closing, although 1800 does seem high.

What's the fuel pressure supposed to be? My old FPR would only stop leaking if it was fully closed so for a while it was running at 70psi, which I know is too high. I replaced it and it's right around 35.

I think my TPS is not working properly. The car runs fine, but if I'm driving on the freeway and then just ease my foot down a little bit more on the accelerator, it misses a beat or two. When I give it a lot more gas (say I floor it) this does not happen. When I move the throttle by hand with the ignition on, the TPS "clicks" about 10 times. I'm assuming it's worn out.

I have Yokohama AVS (195/65/15) in the fronts of my car and they are nearing the end of their life. I love these tires but I know I can't get any more. What is comparable?

Thanks a lot,

Mr. Christoph
lapuwali
Have to know more about the car. Is it D-Jet or L-Jet? If the answer to that is "huh?", then what year is the car, and what engine is in it (1.7, 1.8 or 2.0)?

The TPS on both isn't a smooth potentiometer, but a set of switches. For D-Jet there are about 8 switches. For L-Jet there are only two (idle and WOT).

35psi of fuel pressure is high for D-Jet (about 28psi is right), but in the ballpark for L-Jet.

Your idle sounds fine.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (hitbyastick @ May 25 2005, 12:19 PM)

I have Yokohama AVS (195/65/15) in the fronts of my car and they are nearing the end of their life. I love these tires but I know I can't get any more. What is comparable?

Thanks a lot,

Mr. Christoph

Hi

everyone seems to love Falken Azenzis... I like BFG Gforce T/a KDW

yoko makes good tires... you can also look at kumhos... those are good too
hitbyastick
Sorry should've specified. 74. D-Jet, 2.0. MSD Ignition and the MPS came out of a 73 (a tad more fuel at high RPM)

wavey.gif
lapuwali
OK, so the clicking TPS is fine. I'd say your fuel pressure is too high, so you're always running rich, which may cause the hesitation you're feeling. The pressure should be 28-29 psi, not 35.
hitbyastick
Thanks James. I'll tune it down. I think there may be something else too. If I lower the fuel pressure, would it idle even higher? The idle air screw is in as far as it'll go. I checked vacuum hoses and such, but it seems to be ok.
Adjustment on the ECU knob? Timing is dead on.
bondo
Your AAR may be closing too slowly. It has a heating element in it that makes it close faster. It will still close from engine heat, but that takes much longer. Check to see if it's getting warm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.