Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I recently picked up this 'cheap-ish' battery tester. Man, I wish I'd had it a long time ago. Works in and out of the car, in the car it also analyzes starter load and alternator output. Great little tool. It's not a bad price, it's small, and from the various batteries I tested around the shop, it worked quite well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0ARG3...=UTF8&psc=1
IPB Image
rgalla9146
Very interesting.
How does it do a load test ?
bulitt
yup, they were very expensive, but now 20$ at HF

IPB Image

Vacuum pumps for AC same.

Tire changer/balancer machine combo on Ebay for 1300$ with free delivery...

jim_hoyland
I've been using the Griot's Garage tester for the past 15 years; great diagnostic tool, especially if you have a car that not driven a lot.

Griots has them on sale for $69, from $99

See: https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/batter...amp;from=Search
McMark
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 6 2017, 08:04 AM) *

Very interesting.
How does it do a load test ?

Apparently it uses an AC conductance measurement to evaluate load. Or if it's in the car, it measures voltage while cranking and the starter is the load.

The alternator ripple test is what pushed me to this unit instead of an analog load tester.
euro911
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 6 2017, 06:28 AM) *
yup, they were very expensive, but now 20$ at HF

IPB Image

Looks like maybe they're putting better cables on those now? confused24.gif

I bought one of those 25 years ago, and the insulation on the cables rotted away within 5 years dry.gif ... I should pick up some better quality (USA) cables one of these days idea.gif
ValcoOscar
McMark-

I just received Ancel BA101 . $44 (free shipping) on Ebay

What a neat little addition to my tool box. Super easy to use and offers lots of features I have never seen until now.

Only odd thing is no mention of manufacturer or warranty...oh well, I still like it.

Guess what my bros' are getting for X'mas.

Thanks for sharing.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Krieger
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 6 2017, 07:20 AM) *

The alternator ripple test is what pushed me to this unit instead of an analog load tester.

So the ripple pushed ya? beer3.gif
McMark
Glad you agree! thumb3d.gif

So the ripple pushed ya?

Mmmm.... ripple.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.