Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
Being that I will need to build a fuse and relay panel for my Subie build,is there a tool that gauges wires so I can match my harness wires to new panel/fuse/relay wires,.?? Thanks Frank
raynekat
Can buy one of these almost anywhere....

Click to view attachment
flmont
Ah sweet,..thank you raynekat.!!
76-914
You'll get very close with that. Porsche and Suby are Metric but most places you buy wire will not be metric anyway. I've had good luck with these folks. https://www.wirebarn.com/Wire-Calculator-_ep_41.html beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 6 2017, 10:20 PM) *

Being that I will need to build a fuse and relay panel for my Subie build,is there a tool that gauges wires so I can match my harness wires to new panel/fuse/relay wires,.?? Thanks Frank

The factory schematics for the later model years include wire gauges for each circuit. That work is done for you.
Dave_Darling
Note that the insulation thickness can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The conductor is the important part, and that's what should be measured. That's what the factory diagrams call out, I believe, is the conductor diameter in millimeters.

Presumably the AWG too also measures wire size, not insulation size.

--DD
Mueller
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 7 2017, 02:58 PM) *

Note that the insulation thickness can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The conductor is the important part, and that's what should be measured. That's what the factory diagrams call out, I believe, is the conductor diameter in millimeters.

Presumably the AWG too also measures wire size, not insulation size.

--DD

I believe the Porsche diagrams are in mm² ?
GeorgeRud
The factory does use the mm designations, but here’s a conversion chart.Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 7 2017, 03:29 PM) *
I believe the Porsche diagrams are in mm² ?

Oh, I think you're right!!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.