Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil hose disassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
I had to disassemble some 914/6 and 911 oil hoses and found a great tool at Sears for under $10.
Click to view attachment

The task ahead...

Click to view attachment

it worked well!

Click to view attachment
db9146
Wow, how many 914-6s have you dismembered?
GeorgeRud
They can help with oil filters on 914-6 or 911s as well.
porschetub
Wow $$$$ worth are reuseables....I think they are great ,is that what the original hoses used ?,seen a few NOS '6" hoses and they were crimped connectors reason for asking.
beer.gif .
IronHillRestorations
More of Stazak showin' off smile.gif
gms
I have several 914/6s so I removed them as I feel the hose becomes too old and brittle. This is what the original set looks like, I am not aware of any original lines that were crimped.
Click to view attachment
gms
this is a close-up of the aluminum ends
Click to view attachment
gms
I have a car that came with this elbow (used on the race cars)
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Glenn - I could vapor blast those aluminum fittings for you. It would remove any corrosion without removing metal or markings. Would look almost new (except for scratches) when done. If you want to try a couple pieces, let me know.

I can do the steel ones and clean them up but you would need to have them plated or the bare metal will rust.
gms
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 8 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Glenn - I could vapor blast those aluminum fittings for you. It would remove any corrosion without removing metal or markings. Would look almost new (except for scratches) when done. If you want to try a couple pieces, let me know.

I can do the steel ones and clean them up but you would need to have them plated or the bare metal will rust.

Thanks for the offer but I already have a local source
Glen,
Are the hose couplings compression fit?
914/Alan
gms
QUOTE(914 @ Nov 9 2017, 03:12 PM) *

Glenn,
Are the hose couplings compression fit?
914/Alan

yes
bretth
I never knew that they came apart for reuse. Was going to throw mine away, glad i didn't.
gms
QUOTE(bretth @ Nov 9 2017, 04:59 PM) *

I never knew that they came apart for reuse. Was going to throw mine away, glad i didn't.

you can send a reward to me biggrin.gif
johnhora
Stoddard sells both sizes of the OEM style hose to go with these...
gereed75
Wish I would have known that. Gave my originals away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.