Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB factory radio for 1973 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Fatarse
Looking for a working factory radio (prefer with faceplate) for a 1973 914 2.0 with appearance package. Please PM with any leads...thanks!
914Sixer
You want stereo don't you? Samba radio is mono.
Tom_T
Most were dealer installed on the 914 4's - so look at Jeff Bowlsby's 914 website sections on Accessories & Options - then narrow down your choices to which you really want - mono, stereo, with 8-track or Cassette, then update your ad here.

Then search these classifieds.

Also, try doing a Google search for those already listed on here & elsewhere (the 914world search function doesn't work very well for that).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 8 2017, 05:14 PM) *

You want stereo don't you? Samba radio is mono.

Motorola Sapphire mono was dealer installed more than any other radio in 914's. Let's face it you are not going to get orchestra hall sound with any period correct radio. I don't even turn mine on but it looks great in the dash.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cal
Like Tom said....most radios / stereos were dealer installed so there were a number of different manufactures available; Blaupunkt, Motororla, Audiovox, etc. Here's the original Audiovox in my '74.

Fatarse
Great...thanks for the feedback gents!
Cuda911
Mine came new from the dealer with a Pioneer. The cassette appears to have been added shortly thereafter by the original owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.