Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hood Badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
I will start by saying if my hood wasn't already badged, I would have never done this mod. With that said I was leaning on changing out my red badge with the old school orange badge. Then I went rouge and went with this.
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
IIRC - the Orange band type went up through the 73 MY, then they went to a brighter red band in 74, while your prior badge was more for the current & late model Porches (see-through red enamel).

While I prefer the period correct orange 70-73 or red 74-76 for a splash of color - to each his/her own, & the black-out look is what you like!

FYI - if you change your mind in the future, the Porsche website's Classic section sells all of their OEM badges by era - plus you can get a PCA member discount &/or Sunset Porsche or Suncoast Porsche online parts websites' best price on them.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Craigers17
I personally really like your choice. I'm looking at a similar badge on Ebay, ...there's a similar one that's cerakote blacked out. I like the subtle/Spartan coloring.
Vysoc
Here are a couple, I think I am going to use the Black & White on my current project.
The Dauer 962 is for looking at only.

Vysoc flag.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Larmo63
<----No badge, but yours looks great....!!!
Michael N
I have an orange bar one with the patina to match the car. The dog keeps an eye on it for me.

Click to view attachment

I am also a fan of the this one I saw for sale a while ago...

Click to view attachment

76-914
Don't care for the Badge but your dog is cute a Hell. wub.gif
sb914
Click to view attachment smoke.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 8 2017, 08:16 PM) *

Don't care for the Badge but your dog is cute a Hell. wub.gif

Same here

Its a narp

So dont need no badges
green ernie
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 9 2017, 01:42 AM) *

I will start by saying if my hood wasn't already badged, I would have never done this mod. With that said I was leaning on changing out my red badge with the old school orange badge. Then I went rouge and went with this.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mgphoto
Had this

Click to view attachment

New lid I don't have the heart to drill holes

But I like this option

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
Badge..
Elliot Cannon
Badges!! Badges!! I done got to show you no etc. etc. OK, I'm just looking to see my name 5 times in a row. av-943.gif
pete000
"Aint got no stinkin badges!"
RickS
The gold is washed out with ageClick to view attachment

Compared to this one
Click to view attachment
falcor75
When I got my 914 I intended to put a hood badge on it, it looked empty without since I was used to it from my 911. Now a few years later I prefer the badgeless look. Funny how things change smile.gif
Mark Henry
I have the hood badge and the rear reflector....but then I do like pissing off purists. happy11.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(green ernie @ Nov 9 2017, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 9 2017, 01:42 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Currently without a badge , however I really like that all dark grey/black badge.
Cairo94507
No badge for me. Don't need one anymore.
RickS
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 17 2017, 07:32 AM) *

No badge for me. Don't need one anymore.

No cocaine for me. Don’t need it anymore. Well at least most days.
Elliot Cannon
I have a nice hood badge but probably won't install it. If people don't recognize my 914 as a Porsche, I don't want to fuckin' talk to them any way. dry.gif smile.gif
somd914
It prevents a lot of heated discussions at car events... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
#becauseracecar

IPB Image
somd914
Compliments of the PO...

Click to view attachment
somd914
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 8 2017, 10:40 PM) *

I have an orange bar one with the patina to match the car. The dog keeps an eye on it for me.

Click to view attachment

But that's not a factory alarm system... Great shot!
porschetub
Have one my car, thought it was period correct but its not,I believe it is from 1975 911 as it has (faded) red stripes..think it should be orange for my 74.
I have no issue with it ,not fussed ,its just a badge confused24.gif ,not worth the hassle of welding up the holes and painting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.