Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acquired: Fuel Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914_7T3
Looking for a rust free fuel tank in very good condition for my '73 Resto Project. Tanks should also be stright with no dents or dings.

So far I have two tanks that appeared to only have surface rust, but upon treatment and prep for powder coat, the rust is too far along to make them suitable.

Local SoCal pick up is preferable. Would consider shipping from beyond for the right one. Thanks.

beerchug.gif
mepstein
Bdstone had something me nice tanks for sale at one time.
GaroldShaffer
I have this tank. Very clean on the inside. Does have pitting where it sat on one of the pads, but no holes. If you can't find anyone closer to you maybe something to consider confused24.gif I have shipped a few tanks in the past so that is not an issue.

914_7T3
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 9 2017, 11:13 AM) *

I have this tank. Very clean on the inside. Does have pitting where it sat on one of the pads, but no holes. If you can't find anyone closer to you maybe something to consider confused24.gif I have shipped a few tanks in the past so that is not an issue.

Appreciate the offer. However, if you notice the area of what appears to only be surface rust on the 3rd and 4th pic, that is the precise spot that will open up some holes when prepping for powder coat. Happened to me twice already.

sad.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Jefferey-

I wish you luck in finding a totally rust-free fuel tank.

Another OPTION if you choose to repair any of the two you have is to let me TIG patch with stainless sheet metal and leak test.

I know you are going for originality but I guarantee my fix will never leak on you.

Your cost: beer3.gif

Oscar
mb911
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 9 2017, 12:44 PM) *

Jefferey-

I wish you luck in finding a totally rust-free fuel tank.

Another OPTION if you choose to repair any of the two you have is to let me TIG patch with stainless sheet metal and leak test.

I know you are going for originality but I guarantee my fix will never leak on you.

Your cost: beer3.gif

Oscar

Thats what I would do as well.. I know AA will have new ones available in January..
burton73
I have a couple of tanks at my shop in Inglewood. One I need for my 74 V8 car. Both are from 74s. You can come over and look them over. We can work something out.

Bob B
914_7T3
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 9 2017, 02:24 PM) *

I have a couple of tanks at my shop in Inglewood. One I need for my 74 V8 car. Both are from 74s. You can come over and look them over. We can work something out.

Bob B

PM sent
burton73
Thanks for getting the tank. You should be fine now on Gas tanks

Bob B
914_7T3
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 9 2017, 09:04 PM) *

Thanks for getting the tank. You should be fine now on Gas tanks

Bob B

Thank you for the sale. Enjoyed meeting you and appreciate you solving my fuel tank challenge.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.