Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ON TOPIC! Dead starter...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
NEW CAR!

My starter either has a dead spot, or the whole thing is dead, I can't decide which, nor can I spend time worrying about it tonight. Had to push off from work, and tried starting it ten times on the way home while rolling... no go..

I am dragging her in for major service, everything is being fixed, and then she's on the block.

Anyone coming this way from CAMP914?

MCCLHASACARFORMEIJUSTKNOWIT
Toast
If you can't start it, how do you know the motor is noisy? screwy.gif
happy11.gif
Joe Bob
Didya try banging the solenoid with a BFH?
headbang.gif
redshift
yaya mikee.. I tapped it with a sledgehammah..

Toaster... it's called FLINTSTONE START-DA-DABBA DOO!!!!

icon_bump.gif burnout.gif

Uhh.... anything in the aisle... say odd numbered, and higher than 42?

M
redshift
Ok, after doing nothing at all to it, it still won't start. Who advised letting it sit? Was that you Mike?

M
SGB
With higher compression than stock, I had to back timing off about 2 degrees or so or else, SOMETIMES, it seemed the ignition kicked back against the starter when the engineALMOST fired and made a hellofanoise (KAWHAM!). I fried a solinoid, replaced starter, still had WHAM sound, then as a result of improved carb action which put idle at about 1200, I retarded diz a tiny tiny bit and now startup is EZ. As an experiment, it might be worth trying this anyway...
Joe Bob
Sounds like it's time for the 1.5hp Bosch SR68X....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.