Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Steel flared 2.7 Big IV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
GaroldShaffer
Sold sold sold

Yes, selling my 73.

Chassis:

- 73 chassis with steel GT flares

- Roll cage

- Fiberglass bumpers & rocker panels

Suspension:

- 911 front suspension with Koni adjustable shocks

- H&H front adjustable front sway bar

- Koni adjustable rear shock with adjustable spring collar

- Stock factory rear sway bar

- Rims are 7x16 front and 8x16 rear. All are real Fuchs rims

Engine & Transmission:

- 2.0L engine built out to 2.7L

- Tuna can oil pickup

- Front mount oil cooler

- Headers

- Stock transmission (side shift) with solid trans mounts

Interior:

- Non-cracked dash top

- Welded in roll cage

- GTS Classics seats – Drivers is Nurburgring 5504 leather / corduroy. Passenger is LeMans 5202 leatherette / basket weave with removable headrest.

- New G Force 5 point seat belts

- Center console with gauges

- Momo steering wheel

- NO ventilation system just fresh air blower.

General info:

I am the 5th owner since new (actual 3rd & 5th) I found this 914 4 years ago in Chicago and purchased it from the 2nd owner. He had all the go fast parts done to it back in the 90’s. It was going to be his street / track day car. It was used a handful of times over the years for track day stuff. It had sat in storage for about 4 years before I bought it. I spent a Saturday getting running and driving again and sold it to a buddy of mine. He to only drove it a handful of times and in 2014 I bought it back. I had Brad Mayeur go through it then and he has seen it since then few more times

Since then I have used it mainly for local street driving and Auto-crossing. I have run it mainly with the Indiana NorthWest region SCCA.

Yes, it is very orange. Paint shows some wear from auto-crossing, but there is no crash damage. Overall a great fun and fast car to drive. I will work on more detailed pictures over the next few days.

Asking $21K OBO and can deliver within 150miles of Chicago for free. Title is in my name. Please feel free to email me at: 914eco@gmail.com or call me at 219-730-9205 (before 9pm central time please)

This link shows when I first bought it ----> CLICK HERE
GaroldShaffer
Underside & suspension

914ltd

This car is beautiful and very fast! The chassis is rust free, straight and certainly one of the nicest available. No previous rust repairs and no previous crash damage. Offered at far less than the cost to recreate one like this. Brad Mayeur
porschetub
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 11 2017, 03:39 AM) *

This car is beautiful and very fast! The chassis is rust free, straight and certainly one of the nicest available. No previous rust repairs and no previous crash damage. Offered at far less than the cost to recreate one like this. Brad Mayeur

agree.gif ,nothing less than a bargain,love the colour ,GLWTS Garold beer.gif .
P.S.bets to see how quick this car sells biggrin.gif .
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

So ended up holding on to this last year, but now is time for it to move on to a new owner. I have a bumble bee project I want to start and need to thin the heard before I can.

For potential buyers I can work with Brad Mayeur and schedule a time for PPI at my cost if you are serious. I have nothing to hide about this 914. A fun & fast 914. I had my fun, now time for a new direction.
AnthonyM
Garold, I can't believe you actually going to sell the beast. What a great car and good luck with the sale!
johnhora
Nice Very Nice....an absolute bargain at this price....GLWTS
GeorgeRud
Garold did a great job with this car. Someone will get a fun car.
tyfighter123
Any info on the engine? As far as hp and torque numbers? What heads, p&c's, and crank?

tygaboy
PM sent
Chris H.
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 31 2019, 09:29 PM) *

Garold did a great job with this car. Someone will get a fun car.

agree.gif Great car, very well built. I wouldn't change a thing. The engine has a really mean growl to it.
trick-e
PM sent.
mb911
This is a nice car.. I saw it in person this summer.. Its a great value
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.